Gay Weddings

Brand Nu & Ready

Hey peeps, Nu to the board and ready to marry the lady of my life. Any1 from  Northeast Pa that had or will have an outdoor venue that is gay friendly? 

My Lady is leaving everything up to me all she said is she will be in charge of the tux and the bar. Anything and everything else is ALLLLLL up to me, the venue, colors, etc., whatever i want. Sounds all good....rite? Yes i no that will change.

Brief Summary:
I'm a 44 year old mother of 4 grown children and Lady has 1 grown son and a 10 yr. old from a previously relationship.
My idea is a small intimate wedding of no more than 50 peeps if not less.
I want only our children to be part of the wedding party. Me having 2 girls and 2 boys, i want my girls to be my bridesmaid's, both of my sons to give me away, my granddaughter as a flower girl and my step-granddaughter as a Jr. bride. My Lady 2 sons: the 10 yr old would like for him to me my Lady Jr. groom and the oldest son her best man.
My Lady has no problem with that but said what about my 2 aunts who basically raised me they are going to want to be in the wedding.

What'cha think?

Re: Brand Nu & Ready

• edited December 2011
    We're only having ourselves and our son in the wedding.  To honor our families, we will be giving our parents gifts to symbolize our appreciation, but they won't actually be in the wedding party.
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!

For specific venues in Northeast PA, I'd recommend asking on your local board--and not specifying that they need to be gay-friendly.  Especially in states that do not yet have legal gay marriage, many vendors have never been asked to deal with a same-sex couple, so how gay-friendly they are is not yet known.  If you get some tips on good local venues, you can call those places and ask if they would be ok with dealing with a same-sex couple.  Most wedding vendors seem to be willing to deal with same-sex couples at this point.  And if you find one that isn't, well, you just don't have to hire that person.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome... we are getting married in 2011 and what is originally planned as a hotel venue wedding in Stamford, CT has now been second guessed. We are not sure if we want to do something even smaller and just go away. At any rate, we each have a child and they will be our wedding party. My son will be 21 then and her daughter 14.

Happy Wedding Planning!
  • edited December 2011
    If  you do not want them has part of the wedding party maybe you could have a cermony or something special to honor them on your day and to make them feel a part of your life.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards