Gay Weddings

What to do for an engagment gift for couple?

My sister in law and her long time girlfriend are finally getting engaged( hopefully) in a surprise proposal this coming summer.! My husband and are so excited and had planned on going out to celebrate with them, but I had a job offer that wouldn't let me take the time off and travel with our new baby. We still want to celebrate with them even if itcan'tbe in person. We were hoping to do something nice for them or send them a gift at the hotel they are staying at. They are both amazing women who are amazing soccer players and vegetarian. We were thinking maybe sending them a breakfast in bed or a couples massage? Any ideas?

Re: What to do for an engagment gift for couple?

• edited June 2012
    I would go with a couples massage.  They can enjoy the experience together and will remember who gave it to them-you cant go wrong with that!
  • My wife and I The last thing we needed was another blender. So we requested our friends and family to make a donation in honor of our nuptials  to Lamda Legal.  Lambda Legal is the oldest and largest national legal organization for LGBT community.  Your sister-in law will receive a letter by mail of your donation in their honor. The donation amount is not specified in the letter.  Here is the link.   http://www.lambdalegal.org/ways-to-give/in-honor

• I like the couples massage idea and maybe a bottle of champagne to toast with after the proposal....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards