Gay Weddings

Ceremony Help!

So we are having a ceremony in August and are struggling with the details surrounding the ceremony. We are planning on having the friend that introduced us marry us, but we arent sure what we want her to say! Can anyone suggest where I can find same sex wedding vows that arent cheesy!? Also, how is everyone walking down the aisle...are you walking together, alone, with a parent? To what music?

Re: Ceremony Help!

• coxandclappcoxandclapp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My partner and I are marrying at a bay house. We are being delivered by a boat to the end of the pier and walking toward the house hand and hand. We are exchanging vows by ourselves. The crowd will already be sitting at tables for lunch since exchanging vows wont take long.
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just Google "secular wedding ceremonies," adjust the pronouns as necessary, and make whatever changes you see fit.  At least you are not having to do what we did--change all the pronouns in Hebrew.  ;-)
  • edited December 2011
    Why not write your own vows like most couples do? It can't be cheesy because they come straight from the heart and add yet another personal touch to an already very personalized event.
  • JkoilesJkoiles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having the same issue, but my fiancee is walking with her sister and I am walking with my brother. At least one problem solved. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards