Gay Weddings

Ceremony Panning

Hey Everyone! My fiance and I are recently engaged, and are beginning to plan a wedding for Autumn 2011 in the Boston area. We're both committed Catholics, and are brainstorming ways to incorporate our faith traditions into the ceremony. Wondering if anyone else is in the same boat, and if so, how you're planning on tackling it!

Thanks!

Re: Ceremony Panning

• hoppahoppa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

I am not in the  same boat but  we are having the Ave Maria  included ine the ceremony and probably will have an icon in our ceremony. You could  easily have a statue in your ceremony.

Hoppa
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  I am also Catholic, so I know that  "Tackle" is right.  The problem with having a Mass as the ceremony is that non-Catholic guests are traditionally 'not allowed' to partake.  If you have a special appreciation of Mary, you could include a time of dedication of your lives to her grace and guidance in your ceremony.  I have seen this often in my local Hispanic community.  The passing of the peace is a wonderful time for the two of you to go out into the congregation and pass a sign of peace to everyone.  The Our Father is another time to invite people to engage with each other as family and in solidarity with you the couple.
    You could also use a wedding certificate (after the Quaker tradition) that allows everyone at your ceremony to sign in support of your marriage.  These are frameable, and can serve as a lasting remembrance of their support and your own vows.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards