Gay Weddings
Options

Where is everyone?

Ok, let's add some life to this board. What are your wedding plans? Cause I love hearing everyone's plans. My partner and I are from SC but we are doing a small destination wedding in VT at a bed and breakfast . We'll have about 15 people. I'm going for a rustic look with some glam thrown in. We will marry outside in the gazebo on the grounds and have cocktails and dinner afterwards.

Ok, you go! :)

Re: Where is everyone?

• Options
    Ohhh sounds nice! My partner and I are from PA and are having a ceremony and reception in Bethlehem PA on Sept 28th...we have about 100 guests invited, annd the rsvps are rolling in! We plan to honeymoon in Vermont in early October :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ahh just checked your page....our wedding dates are so close to each other, too funny :) You guys must be so excited...i know we are!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_where-is-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:44Discussion:fb0da932-176b-4b35-886a-844e750b647cPost:f835e081-9284-4701-8955-57ddc46c35ae">Re: Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ahh just checked your page....our wedding dates are so close to each other, too funny :) You guys must be so excited...i know we are!
    Posted by YBnormal85[/QUOTE]

I love that. Yes we are so excited. FI is still working on her attire so that should be interesting. She wont tell me what it is other than she is working with a seamstress! I can't wait to go to VT. We've never been. Have you? What parts are you going to? And congrats btw. :)
  • Options
    Aww too cute! I know what Linda is wearing, as we went shopping together for her outfit. She got a white womens suit...I however went shopping without her,but she did see my dress once i got home, i was too excited not to show her! lol my dress is an ivory with red accents, Linda will be wearing a red shirt to match :) I have been to Vermont years ago, but not during October, and never with Linda so I am very excited. Our main reason for choosing Vermont was to marry legally while on our honeymoon, mostly because I realy wanted to change my last name once we return to PA...however I'm just learning it will be harder than I thought.Yikes, i cant remember the towns name we are visiting....we will be hoping around a bit I think. We will be there for a week, but our first reservation is two nights at a cute little bed and breakfast. Where is your wedding? Congrats to you too! Still think its great that we are both heading to Vermont and our wedding days are only 1 day apart :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bethlehem, PA ... small world we're neighbors  : )

My partner and I are getting married in Sturbridge, Mass next June.  We're also getting married outside in a gazebo with cocktails on the patio and reception in a banquet room.   We're doing an "over the rainbow" theme as rainbows hold special meaning to us on several fronts.  Often when I say it's rainbow-themed, people think of gaudy kids birthday party, but for the most part everything is basically a backdrop of white, black and silver.   The only place color will come in is in the attire for our wedding party.  When they come together they will be bringing with them the colors of the rainbow so our rainbow is really made up of the people who are closest to us.  

And even more of a coincidence ... we just returned from a trip to Vermont
  • Options
    I live an hour from VT and my daughter is at horse camp there right now!  And my partner's birthday is 9/28...How bizarre...

My partner of 6.5yrs and I are getting married 10-11-12 and yes, I chose the date!  We met when our children were newborns (they are 4 days apart) because our former spouses worked together.  We've been best friends ever since and finally took it to the next level after splitting from our former spouses.  Our kids (my daughter and her son) are looking forward to being Step-Twins after the wedding.

We are in Albany, NY and are getting married at a country club...nice gazebo and grounds for photos, hopefully the foliage will be nice!  Doing an indoor ceremony because the weathter is too iffy at that time of year.  Our colors are dark purple and ivory...my partner is wearing a beautiful white dress that I helped pick out and I am wearing a tux.  Our children are our maid of honor and best man, and our son is walking my partner down the aisle.  We are using a Unitarian Universalist reverend, a gay DJ and a lesbian photographer.

Honeymoon...we are leaving on 10-14 for a week long cruise to the Eastern Carribean.  I CANNOT WAIT!  My partner hates large bodies of water and has always refused going on a cruise but she actually suggested this as our honeymoon because she knows how much I've always wanted to go on one.  We are swimming with dolphins and sea lions too!

Lastly...my partner changed her last name to mine 3.5 years ago....we had to do it through the court like a regular name change, so YB...that may be an option in PA???

Anyway CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!
    ***HAPPILY MARRIED 10-11-12*** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NotFroofy and I are from Maryland, but got married in Massachusetts before any of the jurisdictions in our area had same-sex marriage.  We had a tiny (a dozen guests) ceremony at a synagogue in Massachusetts, then took everyone to lunch in the private dining room of a nearby Legal Sea Foods.  We also rented a big Victorian house with several different units, so we and all our guests could stay there the night before the wedding and the wedding night.  That way, we got lots of informal time with our guests outside of the formal activities.  And since we could just buy food from the supermarket and prepare it ourselves (or in one case, order in pizza), we didn't spend a lot on feeding our guests.

Three days after our wedding, we had an at-home evening reception with heavy hors d'oeuvres, an open bar, a DIY fauxtobooth, music, and dancing at a private club in Washington, DC.
  • Options
    My fiance and I are getting married tomorrow in a ceremony here in Missouri with our family and friends, and then we're leaving Monday to spend a week in NYC where we'll go get the legal marriage done.  Our ceremony here will have about 50 guests, and we're doing a fairly traditional wedding but with some offbeat twists (i.e. first dance on rollerskates, officially changing our Facebook relationship status on iPads after we're pronounced married, walking down the aisle to a pretty orchestral arrangement of "Never Gonna Give You Up," etc)  And then tomorrow night a good friend of ours is throwing us a big rainbow-themed afterparty at her house because our venue doesn't allow alcohol.

We're so excited!  :)
    imageWhite Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Have an awesome time tomorrow! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My fiancee and I got engaged at Christmas, but we were thinking of waiting until we can afford the wedding and honeymoon that we wanted. Now, we've decided that is too long to wait, so we're having the wedding we can afford in July 2014 once we're both done school. I'm finishing a Masters degree in January, but she won't be finished college until May 2014. We're probably getting married in Ottawa, Ontario. Our working theme at the moment is original scores from movies. Originally, we were going to just have the music of John Williams, but we also reallly like Hans Zimmer and a few others, so we've broadened the theme. We're doing two dresses, probably the same dress with different coloured sashes.

I never thought I'd be getting married, so I didn't really put any thought into what kind of wedding I wanted and I had no idea what I was getting myself into. So many decisions to be made!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_where-is-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:44Discussion:fb0da932-176b-4b35-886a-844e750b647cPost:fb239b90-5b54-44b2-8b43-f880f8cec56d">Re: Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I are getting married tomorrow in a ceremony here in Missouri with our family and friends, and then we're leaving Monday to spend a week in NYC where we'll go get the legal marriage done.  Our ceremony here will have about 50 guests, and we're doing a fairly traditional wedding but with some offbeat twists (i.e. first dance on rollerskates, officially changing our Facebook relationship status on iPads after we're pronounced married, walking down the aisle to a pretty orchestral arrangement of "Never Gonna Give You Up," etc)  And then tomorrow night a good friend of ours is throwing us a big rainbow-themed afterparty at her house because our venue doesn't allow alcohol. We're so excited!  :)
    Posted by jayetheartist[/QUOTE]

Congrats and tell us all about how it went when you get back!
  • Options
    My partner (Shana) and I are getting "married" in Denver.....   We both live in Denver ( even though my family is in Ohio....) ... so we are working it this way..

We are getting married in Golden, CO... going into the mountains... we found an awesome place that we can commit outside on a beautiful deck looking over downtown Denver.
    Immediately after, we will simply go inside for the reception.  We invited about 100 people, and have gone crazy trying to figure all the odds and ends out.  My colors are yellow and grey.  My dress is actually yellow... and the bridesmaids are wearing a mercury/grey color. 

We are having a friend do a reading before the ceremony of a statement by a judge who previously ruled on recognizing same sex marriage in a different state. It is a powerful statement, and we think it will set the mood... as we are committing, legal recognition or nt...  but with the support of our friends/family.    We did hire a guy who has performed many ceremonies of this type, but that was to help remove any stress from me.

We are doing a Sand Ceremony, as candles may blow out, outdoors:)

The following week we have rented a Park Shelter in Ohio and have a 100 or so of my friends and family coming to celebrate with us :)

• Options
    My FW and I are getting married in Warren, MI surrounded by our friends and family in a "commitment ceremony" on May 31 next year. Then we plan on heading to NY some time next year to do all of the legal stuff.... We have our outfits (dress for me, suit for her), our ceremony and reception site booked, our e-pics were taken on July 21st and turned out amazing! I cannot WAIT to marry my best friend! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    My FW and I are getting married in Southern Wisconsin July 2013! We recently settled on the venue and are in love with it! Planning has been so much fun, and things are coming together very well. We are planning on combining our last names, and that has been our biggest struggle because can't figure out a good combination. :) After our Wisconsin wedding we are going to go to Iowa and have a legal marriage, which will basically just be a day at the courthouse. Our colors are orange and purple, with a vintage chic theme!
  • Options
    Heeeeeey Everyone :)

I live in VA and we are getting married Sept2013 on a Carnival Cruise.. We will be going to DC to make it the REAL deal months b 4 the Cruise :) The Theme will be "Love is in the Air" Because it truely is.. It will be 7 years, of a good life, w/o kids. SO we are ready to take those next steps (*=*). I Pray everyone to have plenty of Blessings...
  • Options
    We are getting married in Ohio in June of 2014. We go to ballot Nov of 2013 so we're hoping for a victory. Obviously if that falls through we will make it legal before and continue with our wedding plans here. We have our reception site, photographer and DJ narrowed down, I have my dress, we got our wedding rings, and some other basic plans outlined.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am getting married in like 20+ days in NC. I am excited to be getting married and it also the most stressful thing in the world. So wish me luck....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are getting married in Sept. 2013 in Texas. Everyone we have talked to are so willing to help including the DJ's,caterers,florists and venues.  We decided on a venue at the beach so that we could have fun with our friends after the wedding before all had to go back to work.  We are both going to wear dresses and it will be a semi-formal wedding with a luau theme.  We are expecting 100 friends from all walks of life, and all ready to party and have fun with us celebrating our holy union. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards