Canada
Options

New!

Hi Ladies! I just got engaged last week in NYC! We're going to plan a summer 2010 wedding! I'm soooooo excited! Just wanted to say hello! I live in Kingston but the wedding will be in TO, so hopefully planning from here won't be too difficult! I am thinking of hiring a planner.... xo
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New!

• Options
    prostarr19prostarr19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! My sister has a wedding planner. Their names are Laura and Kelly if you want to look them up. They've done a fantastic job getting my sister's wedding done!
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  I love NYC, such a fun city.  Where/how did her propose?  Did you do lots of shopping?  See any shows?
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats!!!!!!! awww proposal in NYC sounds super cute. welcome to the board. im sure your "long distance" planning will go smoothly. working with a wedding planner might really help since its far away. a friend of mine is planning a wedding in Ottawa and lives here in Toronto. She is doing quite well with the process. enjoy!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome! A proposal in NYC sounds amazing!!! I'm planning a 2010 summer wedding in TO as well, and like you I'm planning from afar (I live in England).  Not being in the same place as your wedding is a little tedious but it's not too difficult.  Most vendors are great with email and I've had a few conference calls as well which have been useful.  I'm also hiring a day of coordinator just to help pull all the last minute details together as we won't be in the country for long before our actual wedding date.Good luck with the planning!  I look forward to hearing more about your wedding in the upcoming months!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies! The proposal was soooo romantic! I had suspected that he might do it, and so I had bought a new dress and got a mani/pedi - I thought if he did it, it would be during our romantic 2 year anniversary dinner! When we got into town, he suggested we go to see the view from the Rockefeller centre (I was still wearing jeans and a tee from our drive) - he was so nonchalant I didn't expect a thing. I was turned away from him and looking at the view, when I heard him say "Of all the millions of people down there...." I turned around, and he was down on one knee..."The only one I want to spent my days with is you! Will you spend all your days with me?" Awww I'm getting teary just thinking of it! Then we went out for dinner at The Four Seasons, and they surprised me with a huge mound of pink cotton candy! Can't wait to hear all about your weddings, too! I am meeting with a wedding planner, Cynthia Martyn next week!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    sarah-bellasarah-bella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that proposal sounds so sweet!  congrats on your engagement!
  • Options
    miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What a cute engagement! Can't wait to hear more about your wedding in these months!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards