Canada
Options

XP: WTF postage?

So I thought I was being good and I took 2 invitations to the post office and had them weighed. They were both under the limit so they just needed a normal stamp. So I got a little excited and went home and put all the invites together, stamped them all up...and the I go to drop them off and BOOM!!! 28 out of 138 were over weight. How does that happen? there is nothing different in them they all had the same inside them. But most of them were 30 grams the others were 32 grams. I had to add 4 stamps and 44cents to each one that was over because Canada post doesn't make a 44cent stamp. How silly is that?

Re: XP: WTF postage?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've given up trying to understand anything that Canada Post does.
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The same thing happened to me! They told me that first batch I made and sent (international) were fine. Then I went in to weigh a few samples of the 2nd batch and they told me that they were overweight. That being said, I decided to take my chances and just send it with a regular stamp and most of them made it through. Only one got lost in the US.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My invitations were a nightmare. Canada Post sent half of them back. The stupid part? The ones that made it in the first batch with only one stamp went to BC. But they wanted $1.18 to get it 5 blocks up Yonge Street.Canada Post is nuts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards