Canada

Online shopping recs?

Has anyone used House of Brides?  Curious about delivery times, etc.  Any recs for online bridal stuff?I'm a wimp, I hate traipsing from store to store.

Re: Online shopping recs?

• edited December 2011
    3 of my 4 girls bought BM dresses on House of Brides. Delivery times were great, way quicker than what they say it takes (only took 6 weeks at the most). Downside: Customs charges! At the end of the day, for one of them it ended up costing more than in the store, with a whopping $55 charge on top of the $99 + $25 shipping price tag.  So beware, but if you can find a good deal, it may be worth it. Etsy is great for accessories, but if you are picky (like me) and want to see it in person maybe go to the stores and get a feel for what you like, then order.  I have never gotten a customs charge when buying with Esty. What are you looking for specifically?
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto C&R about the customs charges. I found Alfred Angelo BM dresses at a shop in Scarborough, and considered buying them from bestbridalprices.com thinking I'd save lots of money. I looked up the customs charges and it turned out that it would cost me exactly the same amount as from the store. So I decided to just buy them from the store to get the service along with it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    Shoes ... it's all about the shoes.  See?  TOTAL wimp.  I hate dragging myself through stores and malls trying to find *the* perfect pair.  I'd much prefer to sit here with the laptop & a glass of wine :)
  • edited December 2011
    Me too! But check out my bio for my shoe story as a cautionary tale, sigh. But I love my overpriced shoes, darn it!
  • edited December 2011
    Um C&R ... I'm in the O-town too (recognized your receptions venue right away!).  Now I know you feel my pain, why can't the O-town have some DECENT shopping.I work out off Hunt Club west so I don't even get the bennie of downtown.I'm wondering if Holt Renfrew might have something, the FI works near 240.I plan on barefoot for the ceremony (beach) but need something for before & after ... want a slide so I can slip them off heading up the beach.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards