Canada
Options

Photographers around $1000

Hello! This is my first post here...i'm getting married in a year and a month, and starting to look at photographers. Does anyone have recommendations for a good photographer in the $1000 range. I'd prefer one that does primarily photojournalist style. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Alison

Re: Photographers around $1000

• Options
    prostarr19prostarr19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer costs $1600. It's Sagala Photography. I can't guarantee the photojournalist style but we didn't want that so we didn't ask about it.
  • Options
    kelmcgeekelmcgee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What area are you looking for?
  • Options
    alparisialparisi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm right downtown Toronto so anyone in the downtown or willing to travel here. I'm getting married at Steamwhistle, so anyone familliar with the venue would be a definite bonus!
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your photography price will depend on a few things:- hours of coverage- number of photographers- rights to digital images- prints or albums- day of your weddingSo, without knowing what you want, it's really hard to recommend someone given only the price range. You could have a fantastic photographer for just a couple of hours, or a less great one with a more loaded package.Not to sound snobby, but beware: in that price range, there are a LOT of Joe Schmoes with cameras who call themselves wedding photographers. Examine portfolios carefully.That being said, check out my photographer, [url=http://www.jillpromoli.com]Jill Promoli[/url]. We got digital images from her only, but she covered our entire day. A caveat though: I felt that she was underpriced when I booked her a year ago, and I think she may have raised her prices since then.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    alparisialparisi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the links! I'm looking for a pretty basic package, i don't want any of the extras like engagement shoot or photobooks or even prints...digital images would be all that i need. I'm not set on having a second photographer, although i would pick one with one over one without if it were reasonable...and i'm looking for a pretty full day..probably 8 hours or so. I know it will be tough to find something in this price range...so i'm prepared to go a little higher, but want to avoid the $3500 - $4000 range that seems so popular!
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OK gotcha. Yeah you can definitely find lots of good photographers in the $1,500 - $2,500 range. A lot of the photographers who exhibit at the bridal shows are in that range. If you don't attend the bridal shows, you can still look at the websites to get a list of vendors.[url]<a href="http://www.nationalbridalshow.com/fall/exhibitorlist" rel='nofollow'>http://www.nationalbridalshow.com/fall/exhibitorlist</a>[/url]
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,It sounds like you are looking for pretty much what I had the day of my wedding (not sure about the photojournalist style though).  We had one photographer for 8 hours, we received the disk with all the pictures (edited and unedited), and then we also got a $150 credit for pictures because we didn't want the proof album that they included in the package.  We paid about $1100 for that, and they are located at Dufferin and Keele in Toronto.  Check out their website if you like...Icon Image Photography.  It has all the package information, but I am not sure if the rates have stayed the same.Our photographer was Joseph, and he was very professional and friendly.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just checked out their website, and the package I had was called "a la carte".  Unfortunately it seems they have raised the price $1000 and they no longer offer the proof album.  Instead they offer the online gallery and engagement shoot, which still seems pretty decent, imo.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ellis_jleellis_jle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi I'm new to this post too. But I am from Toronto and I am using Lindsay - she is friends of someone at my office. Her work is amazing.. And we got a deal for only $1300. Check out her website.http://www.photosbylam.com/
  • Options
    brittanywestbrittanywest member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Taylor Jackson!!
  • Options
    LevenahLevenah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Jessica Blaine Smith! Her prices are def reasonable for the quality! I'm using her for my wedding next year :)http://www.jbsmithphotography.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey cool.. another Bride using the same venue as me.  Best wishes with your wedding planning!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards