Canada
Options

sigh

So im starting to get annoyed with my MOH and BM i asked them way back in may that i was thinking of booking a hotel room for the night before and we would all get ready there and get pics taken there and whatnot. They agreed so i booked it, but this week i emailed them both saying i might have to cancel because of budgeting and i did not want my parents paying for this as it is my own choice. They both seemed really happy so i got annoyed at that but then my mum says i still need to keep it because she planned everything around changing there and getting ready there. She is now paying which is bugging me and to add to the annoyance ( i am thankful to my mum dont get me wrong) i told my MOH, (BM has yet to asnwer) that we are keeping the room and shes all like well just come to my house and your mum can change up north, its like she never even wanted to stay in the hotel room. So now i am most likely be all alone on the night before which is currently really upsetting me. Marc said he would stay with me if the girls refused to stay but he does not want to see me he wants to do the whole not seeing the bride till the ceremony but hes willing to give that up which makes me happy but also sad because the girls just want to stay home when they could of told me back in may!Sigh im just getting really emotional about it, i was looking forward to the night before but suddenly i dont want it to come at all
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: sigh

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You know, I woke up with my husband on the wedding day and it was great. Really grounding, and it didn't detract at all from walking down the aisle. He didn't want to see me before the ceremony either, but we couldn't justify the expense of a separate condo for me the night before. Maybe the girls aren't enthused about the lack of sleep they'll probably get staying in the hotel room. It makes for a long day on the wedding day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    they could of told me if they would be worried about lack of sleep, and i was in no way planning a party more just a quiet night with lots of sleep and they did know that. I dont mind having marc stay with me but he has his guys staying at his parents and he planned to spend the night with them and i would not want to take that away from him. I really didnt want to spend the night before alone, i guess i will have to get used to the idea of it. I soud like a whiny kid dont i? i really dont mean to sound like one
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ah, well, some BMs don't like to say no to the bride - they just want to do whatever to make her happy. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, if someone mentions to me that something is out of their budget, I tend to be the one to try and come up with less expensive alternatives.I think your BM is just trying to help by still offering you a cheaper alternative... her house versus the hotel room. Just let her know that its all been resolved and that the hotel room is good to go.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recommend using punctuation and paragraphs = )Could you find a cheaper hotel? Or have a slumber party with your BM's at home?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can totally understand that you are having an emotional reaction to your BM's lack of enthusiasm to your plan.  Now, even if they stay with you the night before it might feel forced instead of fun.Talk to your BM's about it and let them know how you feel and why you wanted to have them there with you in the first place.  If they still don't want to, then just drop it.  There is nothing worse then having people around you who don't want to be there.If it comes down to it, try and get excited about staying alone.  I am staying alone and have planned on watching my favorite movie (the Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} embarrassing one that I don't tell other people that I like) with a few of my favorite snacks.  I am going to re-read all the emails from when I first started dating my hubby to be and just indulge in sappy music I can take until I fall asleep.  I may even through in a few mushy calls, just to be on the safe side.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    apparently they were (more the MOH) trying to make it cheaper on me but i told them it was no longer me paying for it and that if i was still paying for it and found the funds for the hotel i would like them to be a part of the last night of non-married life. We all talked about it and they still want to do it, so i am looking forward to the night but i still do have the "am i forcing this on them?" thoughts. The hotel room is super cheap 100$ for the night and we get an extra 2 hours for getting ready. Its easier to stay at the hotel room for 1) my parents house is an hour away 2)the room is big and can accommodate about 8 people getting ready. 3) i would have to take over my MOH's parents house to get ready with 8 people so the hotel room is the better option. Also i am still very thankful to my mum for paying the bill.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards