Canada
Options

Outdoor Ceremony in GTA

Hi!! We have booked our reception site at the Royal York for our July wedding, and we we are still working out the details of our ceremony. We are thinking we would like to do it outside, and possibly get a tent in case it rains. Does anyone have any ideas of fabulous outdoor ceremony locations close to downtown? I was thinking something on the water maybe.....or maybe the Botanical Gardens... thanks a million!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Outdoor Ceremony in GTA

• Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at the Royal Botanical Gardens in Burlington, and they were great. For just a ceremony though, I think the fees are a little pricey. Have you looked into public parks?
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Crescent Boys School has a pretty site that can be rented for weddings and it's pretty much downtown...the staff there have always been great when I've visited and the grounds are immaculate...the website description says: Formal Garden/Terrace The 80' x 20' stone terrace is located behind the Weston House and directly off the Drawing Room. The terrace steps lead down into the Formal Garden, a 40' x 120' lawn, bordered on the sides by thick hedges and at the far end by a large columned pond and fountain. This is an ideal location for weddings, formal receptions or barbecues.I'm not sure how much it costs but if you go to their website the contact details are there in the About Us section
  • Options
    sillynutsillynut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just went to an outdoor wedding at Graydon Hall. Not too close to downtown but damn it had the prettiest garden area in the back. Good luck finding something!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would avoid using a place that is also used for receptions.  It might be a bit confusing/mildly annoying for your guest to trapes between one place an another when they can see a decorated hall right there.I would ask the Royal York if they have a roof top patio that you can use for you ceremony.  It would have a beautiful view of the city and save everyone travel time.  You might also want to consider a either using one of the boats on the lake or Centre Island itself.  You are right there and it could make for some great pictures.OH!  St. James park is stunning!  I shoudl have written it first.  It has a beautiful gazebo and paths and flowers. It is a 10 min walk from the Royal York and there is a Green P parking lot about 3 mins (if you dodle) away.  Here is a link for a 360 view of it: http://www.360cities.net/image/st-james-park-toronto
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!! These are all awesome ideas! I agree, a ceremony site that also has a reception area could be expensive! Botanical Gardens is booked, so I am onto parks and rooftop terraces! Unfortunately, the Royal York doesn't really have a roof top terrace! I hope to book something in the next week or two!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We booked at the Rosehill before we had a place for the ceremony and could not find a place within out budget that had some kind of rain insurance and on the day we needed, and most places wouldn't let you have the ceremony there unless you did cocktails or had the reception there. Love Graydon Hall, though! Hopefully it works out for you-we had to cancel our booking with Rosehill and go outside the city to find a place where we could do both ceremony and reception at the same place to cut down on the hassle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards