Canada
Options

wedding insurance

I am wondering if any of you have gotten wedding insurance? I am realizing with all of the costs adding up, that it might be a good idea. We are having a fairly large wedding (250 people) - and I just want to make sure that we are covered incase anything were to happen. What are your thoughts on this?

Re: wedding insurance

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been wondering the exact same thing Ssaeed.  A friend of mine said I would be "jinxing" (spl?) the wedding if I got insurance but you're right... costs are adding up fast!  I don't even know where to look into this idea.
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting it too - but our reception venue contact said that it may already be included with the insurance you have, or else you'll have to add it like you probably did your engagement ring. It states in our contract that we must get it - you never know what could happen, and that has nothing to do with jinxing your relationship - a death in the family or something along those lines may require cancelling or changing plans. I would say its a good idea, and I will let you know what to do when I get it myself!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I might get it too...I guess if we were buying anything else for that amount, we would insure it, so why not for the wedding? It would only be in case something went wrong and it is a nice peace of mind. I wonder if RBC offers it?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    sarah-bellasarah-bella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we got it.  our venue required it, but still ~ we probably would have gotten it anyways.  i'd have to ask my hubby where we got it from as it was on his list of things to do!  if i recall correctly it was an online thing and cost about $250. well worth the piece of mind.  never know what can happen
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards