Canada

XP: Toronto Restaurants

(I posted this on the Toronto board as well) Hello! My husband and I are planning an evening in Toronto in November and I was hoping to go out for dinner before the show we are going to (it is at the Canon theater at 244 Victoria St.). I was wondering if anyone knew of any good restaurants within a few blocks of the theater? TIA!

Re: XP: Toronto Restaurants

• edited December 2011
    Hey Nebb, I would highly recommend George - it's quite close to where you're going to be, and a fabulous restaurant. George Restaurant www.georgeonqueen.com 111 Queen St E Toronto, ON M5C 1S2, Canada (416) 863-6006
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That restaurant looks really nice torontobride - I have a silly question. Do you have to have something from all three courses or can you just choose a meal from the menu individually regardless of what course it is. They look delicious but I dont think we could afford three courses each!
  • edited December 2011
    There's an a la carte menu, and the tasting menu is actually a really good deal. But you're right, the restuarant is on the pricey side. Here's another one, not AS close as George, but still in the same neighbourhood. Will and I go once a month and the food is amazing and really reasonably priced. It's a cozy spot: JAMcafé - www.jamcafe.ca 195 Carlton St, Toronto - (416) 921-1255
  • edited December 2011
    Hmmm. Not sure why the name came out like that. It's called JAM cafe. I hate the name (not sure why) but the food's great.
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kaesha recommended this one a little ways down....[url]http://talk.theknot.com/boards/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=62301800&forumid=46[/url]I'm somewhat excited to get a change to go try it myself....
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards