Canada

Wedding website

For those of you with wedding websites... I was wondering if you guys are including the web address in your invites/save the dates? I was just reading in a magazine that you shouldn't but I don't really see how it's "rude". Opinions?

Re: Wedding website

• edited December 2011
    Do they mean a registry website? I see nothing wrong with an information website - that's just crazy.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with kaesha... if it's an info site, I don't see how it's any more "rude" than including directions and hotel inserts in your invitation. I suppose the real old schoolers may think that it's rude if if your website includes registry info. Also, there isn't really any way to make "http://whatever" look pretty. Otherwise though, I think it's very practical and I'm sure you'll find a good way to work with it. Go for it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, just an info website. I wouldn't put our registry information on there. It was In Style Weddings that told me otherwise! Boo.
  • carmen29carmen29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had read something about that too, but it was more like if your wedding is really formal that it is kind of 'tacky' to put your website on the STD. I think it's a great idea to put it on there, what a perfect way to let people know!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I plan to put my website on my Save the Date cards...for the invitation I don't think I would put it on the invite itself if it is a formal wedding, rather I would put it on a separate card.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't include reply cards with our invites ( we thought of it as our little contribution to the environment, saving paper...).  So we included our website in our invites since the RSVP tool was available for our guests there.Our invites were very elegant and modern, and we got tons of compliments.  Not a single guest complained about the fact the RSVP was on-line.   (We also included a phone for those "Web-impaired").   I agree with RingPop, there's no easy way to make an htpp//: look pretty, though.I do think that including the little Registry Cards provided by The Bay, Sears, etc, with the invites is as bit tacky.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards