Canada
Options

Queen's university venues

Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with weddings at Ban Righ on the Queen's University campus in Kingston.

Also, any other venues around Queen's that people recommend for the ceremony and/or reception?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Queen's university venues

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually went to Queens and worked for conference services while I was there until 2006.  I've seen a summer wedding set up at Ban Righ.  It can be done very well, and with the big windows it lets in a lot of natural light.  I think it may depend on how much you want to do for decor, because unless you drape the walls, it still sort of looks like a cafeteria on one side, with the big metal grates of the servery on one wall.

Lots of people do ceremonies at Summerhill, which is a beautiful garden and principal's residence just a few minutes away, and there are a ton of hotels and restaurants downtown which is all within walking distance of the university for a reception.

Let me know if you want more information or details - hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips.  Do you know where I can get more information about Summerhill?  I can't seem to find much about it online.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a picture I googled:

You won't be able to go inside - it's the old principal's residence, but is now used for meetings and parties with the principal throughout the year.  A lot of people have their weddings on the grounds.  I think your best bet would be to contact Queen's themselves - maybe conference services, and ask about the fees for using the grounds.  I think there is an alumni discount if you have anyone in your family that went there to book it for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards