Canada

For Redskittle

The BM and groom have made up and she's measured! The Toronto BM has now decided that I can order her dress with the rest of them in Halifax, but hasn't sent any measurements. I should have taken a course in organizational management before planning a big wedding :)  Since you have good ideas, any for an unforgettable groom's gift?
Suzie and Tom: Livin' the Dream!

Re: For Redskittle

• edited December 2011
    Hey Suzie!

Happy New Year! How did you and FI celebrate? We went to a house party that my maidzilla was throwing, and as I am sure you can imagine, she started to sulk to try and get attention! Can you believe it!?

I am soooooo happy that things with your BM dresses are moving along better. As for your stubborn Toronto bride, just call her up and put her on the spot and say listen I am going to the BM dress store today, I need your measurements, can you just quickly grab a measuring tape and tell me what they are? THis way it can be like super casual and not as much of a big deal as she is making it out to be.

As for groom's gift, that depends on a few things, and also what kind of guy your FI is. What kind of "unforgettable" are you looking for? There is unforgettable like "Whoa I just went skydiving and I am never going to forget that" and then there is "I look at this every day and every day I am reminded of her" type of unforgettable.

I am going to get my FI a watch. He will just be starting a new job after we get married, so I am going to splurge a bit and get him a really nice one. You can also engrave watches, with dates or inside jokes, which I also like, and the best part is every time he checks his watch for the time, he thinks of you! :)

It also depends on how much you are looking to spend. A friend of mine who got married recently got her man season's tickets to his fave sports team, but that was really expensive! Does your FI have any hobbies? You could get him something really important to his hobby? Fishing pole? Diving computer? Golf clubs? Alternatively, you could get him like an "experience" present that you guys could do together like the sky diving or white water rafting or something. Again, it all depends on what kind of guy he is. I guess, try to think about what kind of bride's gift you want and see if you can think of a groom equivalent?

Tell me more about your FI! :)

SKittle

P.S> I am SOOOO not looking forward to going back to work on Monday!! :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards