Canada
Options

Oh Canada Post

Did anyone else have an unusually high lost mail count when sending out their wedding invitations? We mailed out about 40 invites three weeks ago (FI's parents took care of the the other 30-ish sent to his family), and I know of three within the GTA that never made it to the recipient, whereas most of them arrived within 2-3 business days.
I'm hoping that it's only those three invites, since we only printed so many extras. But now I'm worried that we should email everyone else we invited to ensure that they received their invitations, since who knows how many got lost. As if I needed one more thing to worry about...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Oh Canada Post

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have 10 groups of people left to RSVP (with the date tomorrow), so I'll find out if people did not get them very soon.  

One RSVP card definitely got lost on the way back to me (a bridesmaid sent it back ASAP and it never came), and 2 RSVP cards came in "damaged mail" bags with big chunks out of them - I had to call the people to find out whether they could come or not because half of the RSVP card was gone!  

But of 103 invites, I did pretty well!
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually, out of the 90 or so invitations we mailed out, only two didn't make it. Both recipients were in the US. One was just lost completely - never returned to sender or anything. One was returned to me but it turned out that the guest had given me the wrong postal code. So I have to say we did pretty well!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Similar to ringy, the only one we had that didn't make it to it's destination was one going to the US.

I was actually slightly astounded by the speed of some of the mail.  I think I put my invites in the mail on a Thursday and got my first RSVP back on the following Monday!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had 1 lost invite, and no lost RSVP's, I guess we got lucky too.
  • Options
    APW2010APW2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you have return addresses on the lost invites? I'm always puzzled by how they can actually just completely lose a letter... I mean, it must wind up somewhere!!
    I am still waiting on responses to most of mine, this is a good reminder that I may have to follow up and make sure people actually received them. My international invites cost $4 postage, I sure hope at that price they don't lose them!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Update - out of the 4 (discovered another one) missing invitations, 2 appeared at their respective destinations on Friday, just over three weeks after I mailed them. I find it especially strange that one invitation that's still MIA and one of the late invitations both had to travel all of two blocks from the post office from which they were mailed. I should've just walked them over to my friends' homes....

After this, I'm really glad that we're living in the days where we can pay our bills online. If 4 of every 40 cheques to pay my bills got lost in the mail, I can only imagine what my credit rating would look like...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Update (too) - out of 103 - no invitations were lost in the mail, one RSVP card never arrived (although it was sent), and 2 RSVP cards came back damaged.  Overall I can't complain too much about Canada post.
  • Options
    APW2010APW2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just found out about one invite that hasn't arrived, and it's been over a month. We went a little nuts DIYing our own invites and they're so much work, and right now I could just cry thinking of having to make more...

What is the longest something took to be delivered that any of you know about?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards