Canada
Options

GTKY Monday

It's been a while, I know - I'm sorry with the lack of conversation-inducing posts.  The Toronto board is much more chatty than the Canada board in general.

OK, so to get to know you, since there are so many new brides-to-be lately, let's here your proposal story.  I know we've done this one before, but it was a while ago!  All the sappy cute details and a picture would be great too!

Re: GTKY Monday

• Options
    edited December 2011

We took lots of motorcycle day trips on the weekends. The last one we took of the summer FI popped the question.
    It was a normal day of lunch, funny pictures and enjoying the sun. We sat by the river after we had eaten to relax and enjoy the weather. FI gave me a wildflower and asked if she liked it. I said yes, looking at him rather oddly. FI told me that I would like this better, and got down on one knee and opened the ring box. The sun was shining perfectly that day so the diamond sparkled like crazy. He didn't get through his whole speech before I was saying "Yes" in tears.
    Somehow he had snuck it on the bike.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    FI proposed on Valentine's Day. I know, kind of cliche, but it was still sweet. He gave me some chocolates and lingerie in the morning, then we headed to my aunt's for my grandmother's birthday party -  it was  her 85th. I figured that was it. After the breakfast birthday party, FI and I headed out to see some open houses.  A couple were near his current house, so he asked if I minded if we stopped in for a bathroom break. I was on the computer while he was in the washroom - or so I thought. Instead, he walked into the room and got down on his knee. I instantly started crying, and still don't know what he said beyond my name!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_gtky-monday-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:46Discussion:36918e5e-bb7e-4e76-98a8-f2046e9ab545Post:a5b795e3-ab97-4db9-b3bf-9328b2994f80">GTKY Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's been a while, I know - I'm sorry with the lack of conversation-inducing posts.  <strong>The Toronto board is much more chatty than the Canada board in general</strong>. OK, so to get to know you, since there are so many new brides-to-be lately, let's here your proposal story.  I know we've done this one before, but it was a while ago!  All the sappy cute details and a picture would be great too!
    Posted by Littlin[/QUOTE]

I've noticed most boards are more chatty than the Canada board. Do you think it's because it's too large an area to be considered "local"?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes to the above post - month boards are always the most chatty since everyone is at the same stage in planning.  I know a lot of the August 2010 brides still talk on the The Nest currently on the anniversary board.

In a local board, some girls have been married a while, almost married, or just engaged, so the frequency they are on the board varies.  Unless you are looking for a vendor-specific answer in a location other than Toronto, Vancouver, and Alberta, people will go to their more specific Canada boards when possible, or ask in their month boards instead.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was Canada Day last year, we were camping and had tickets to go to the Rider season opener, so we were camping about an hour out of Regina.  We had just set up our site, and I was so excited because we just bought a new gazebo and tent and they looked so awesome.  FI called me into the tent and was like "come check it out!  It's so big in here!"  And I was like, "let me grab my camera!  I want to take pictures!" But he was all in a hurry to get to Regina, I didn't know why, I knew the game was at 5 (I think..) and it was like, 12 and he was all worried about getting there.
    So, I went into the tent with him, he started telling me how much he loved me, I don't even know what else he said, honestly, I almost just hugged him and ran out because I thought he was just feeling nostalgic, then I saw him fumble with his back pocket.  I don't remember the rest of the proposal.  I was crying too much..oy.

Turns out, he was rushing to get to Regina because he had lunch reservations at a super nice restaurant on the lake, so the whole way into the city I was calling all my family and friends, it was such a whirlwind!

He told me after he had thought about doing it at the game, but thank goodness he didn't because I was a mess of emotions for a long time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards