Canada
Options

including our daughter in wedding

So my FI and I recently had a beautiful baby girl and she will be 1year and 1month old at the wedding and I am looking for ideas of how we could maybe include her in our ceremony and a possibly a little bit in the reception. She is so wonderful and it is important to me that she is a part of the wedding because she is almost all of both our world. I know that she will most likely be leaving early with the grandparents from the reception...... do we say vows that include her? do we have her sit at the head table with us? Any suggestions and ideas will be wonderful.

Re: including our daughter in wedding

• Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your new baby! That's very exciting!

One of my close friends got married in Sept. with her 1.5 year old.  She had one of the bridesmaids walk her down the isle (in a SUPER cute lil dress) and then she sat with her grandparents during the ceremony.  During the vows they made sure to include her.  I think it was something like "I promise to cherish you and our daughter..." or something like that.  But it was really sweet.

They also had her sit with her grandparents for most of dinner but eventually she wanted to be with them.  So it might be a nice idea to get her at your table.  That's where she'll probably want to be.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    dannymaydannymay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks alot, i didn't really have any ideas yet and i think that would be good to try out, lol we'll see what the FI thinks! I know she won't remember it but in the long run but we'll have videos and pics and stories to share with her and i want her to feel that she was included and special on that day too. After are uniting as a family that day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards