Canada
Options

RSVP postage

I'd like to include postage on all of my RSVP envelopes but am not sure what to do about the international ones.  I've looked at buying postage online but that ends up costing a lot more than a stamp would.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Re: RSVP postage

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You can look for unfranked stamps on ebay, buy an international voucher (which is ridiculously expensive), or you can do what we did which was to leave the rsvp envelope blank. My FIL is a stamp collector, so he sent us all sorts of international stamps.
  • Options
    rktorkto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it is not that rude to expect people to buy their own stamps to send the RSVP.  And, you can always offer a website/email instead. 
    In England, the old custom was no RSVP card, the guest bought a new card from the store and sent it to you as the RSVP.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having the same issue. I am mailing my fiance the invites that are going to people in the UK/Europe and then sending my aunt the ones for Canada. She will post them for me.  Can you ask anyone in your family and send one big package. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eh, I'd just leave the international ones sans postage; people will understand. You can write them a note to give them the option of replying via phone or email if you like.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies...guess I'll just have to leave a few of them blank.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I asked the lady at the post office this exact same question and she told me I'd be wasting my money. I left the international ones blank, and nobody has complained yet!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I invited someone from France, and when I went to the post office to get an International stamp for her reply envelope they told me that Europe won't accept International stamps bought here. I ended up not putting one on it, but I don't know if she is even replying with it. She just let me know that she had booked her flight and hotel room was pending.

HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards