Canada

Outdoor wedding in Saskatoon?

I have a dilema...
I live in Saskatoon and would really like an outdoor wedding. However, I am planning on getting married in May and don't really want to push it back any further.
Am I crazy to even imagine good weather in May in Saskatchewan??

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Outdoor wedding in Saskatoon?

• deannad84deannad84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had GREAT weather this May, in fact I think your odds are better in May in July. Where are you thinking of having it? VImy Memorial? Another river location? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 213 Invited image 204 Attending image 9 Declined image 0 Unknown RSVP Date July 1st
  • edited December 2011
    Actually I think my top choices are the Berry Barn or the Forestry Farm.
    But that's kind of what I was thinking too - I remember we had really good weather in May. I just reeeeeally wouldn't want it to snow!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As with any outdoor wedding, just make sure you have a backup plan and you should be fine!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • kimmieniesinkkimmieniesink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can always rent one of the huge party tents and some heaters if the weather doesn't co-operate. Stick with the dates you want and make the environment do what you want it to. The ceremony outdoors isn't terribly long, so if its cold have your guests be aware of it and dress for the weather, and then go with the tent plan if needed. You can always reserve it and then cancel when you see the long term weather forecast as it gets closer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards