Canada

Montreal

If you are not from Montreal and need some help to plan your wedding here, don't be shy and write me a message.

I'll be glad to help since I live here.

Re: Montreal

• edited December 2011
    Hello, Mad09.

I live in Philadelphia and am trying to plan a wedding in Montreal...very hard! I also speak German and not even a lick of French..this makes it much harder. The destination started out in QC, QC but I finally gave up after not being able to find any nice hotels big enough (and reasonable enough, cost wise) to accomodate 30-45 people for a reception and dinner. I found the oldmontrealweddings.com website and fell in love with the old, historic venues in Old Montreal. Right now I'm talking to le St. Gabrieal. So far so good. Are there any other venues in Montreal (preferrably the old part) that aren't insanely expensive but have a beautiful, quaint setting for a reception? Also, I haven't even started thinking about a ceremony venue. I'm not religious so a church is out. It's going to be late May so the weather could be iffy, I guess.
    Any bit of info. you can provide would be wonderful. Merci beaucoup!
  • eveningbrideeveningbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    By fiance and I are considering honeymooning in Montreal and OR Quebec City.  We have been to Old Motnreal once, and have simply fallen in love.  If we cant finanically afford to pull off flying to Europe as we dreamed to do, then we will be interested in knowing some of the best places to stay in both cities. Feel free to advise!
  • edited December 2011
    april and brendan,

I just cancelled my ceremony space at the Hotel Intercontinental last week.  The room we had was called 'Les Huitres' and the cocktail room is called 'Le Cave'.  VERY cool spaces but our RSVP's came back with too many guests so we had to change it.  Its a really neat space, so check it out online.  The contact there is Sandra Caruso. Good luck!
  • BonusheftBonusheft member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone know a good wedding planner in Montreal?
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I am Grace and i am a Montreal wedding planner, if you need professional answers to all your wedding related questions please send me an email at grace_azzi@yahoo.com and i will be more than glad to help you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards