Canada

Movin' along in the Game of Life

Littlin asked this morning, so I thought I'd post an update about me. There's been a lot going on!

First, we bought a house! It's in a large family-friendly townhouse complex, not too far from downtown and very transit accessible. I'm too lazy to post all the pics here but I posted lots on my Nest anniversary board:
http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/47972444.aspx

So now we are selling our condo. We've spent the last couple of weeks packing stuff away, cleaning like mad, and today the listing should be up. And of course, we're also in the middle of finding the right mortgage, and all that.

On top of that, DH's first PhD defense was set for this morning at 10:00. It's now 10:40 which means his presentation should be done, and they are now asking questions and deliberating. Assuming that goes well, he'll be starting a post-doc in the next month or so.

Ever play the Game of Life when you were a kid? These days I feel like we are trucking along at warp speed!
Baby Birthday Ticker
Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w

Re: Movin' along in the Game of Life

• edited December 2011
    Awesome!  Congrats with everything, the place looks great!

And look how far along your ticker is!! Hehe!!
  • edited December 2011
    it's amazing how fast life moves all at once.
    All good things.
    Hope your hubby's presentation went well!
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay - so glad you got a house and it looks great from the pictures!!!  
  • edited December 2011
    That's so fabulous to hear!  :0) 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You`re all grow`d up, Ringy;)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • suzie173suzie173 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Exciting! I just packed, moved, and super-cleaned hubby's bachelor pad last week and it's on the market. Whew! However did you manage it with Baby Ringy on the way? You're tough,girl! Glad to hear from you on the board. Enjoy the new place (it's lovely, pink or no pink Cool)All the best from me and T to you and V.
    Suzie and Tom: Livin' the Dream!
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_movin-along-game-of-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:46Discussion:86bb7158-ea60-413a-8077-2d74ed5708e8Post:c5d8486b-7f99-4370-ab29-3aea4ad812a6">Re: Movin' along in the Game of Life</a>:
    [QUOTE]Exciting! I just packed, moved, and super-cleaned hubby's bachelor pad last week and it's on the market. Whew! However did you manage it with Baby Ringy on the way? You're tough,girl! Glad to hear from you on the board. Enjoy the new place (it's lovely, pink or no pink )All the best from me and T to you and V.
    Posted by suzie173[/QUOTE]

Wow good luck selling the bachelor pad! (We sold in 1 day... Toronto is insane!) Luckily I'm in 2nd tri now so I felt normal enough to get stuff done. We'll see how I feel by March when we move!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards