Canada

Atlantic Canada brides - ceremony venues Halifax/Dartmouth?

sunicosunico member
Combo Breaker First Comment
Hi ladies - for anyone not getting married in a church, what are you thinking of for your ceremony venue? I'm trying find something "out of the ordinary"... like a charming little country meeting house or something, within a half hour or so of Dartmouth. Any ideas?

Re: Atlantic Canada brides - ceremony venues Halifax/Dartmouth?

• edited December 2011

We're getting married on the roof of the Atlantica Hotel (in Halifax) in the gazebo and then having the reception in one of the meeting rooms. :)

• PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    I heard that Hatfield Farms can be quite nice (LINK)
    I'm not sure if Uniacke House does anything but it's STUNNING (LINK)
    The Halifax Club (in downtown Hali) is great for smaller functions (LINK)
    Again, not sure they do functions but Scott Manor House in Bedford is a beautiful historic home. (LINK)

Let us know what you find out.  Good luck:)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • sunicosunico member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I should add that we only need a ceremony venue. We're having our reception at the Montague golf club in Dartmouth, so we're looking for something nearby. Although the Scott House looks pretty cool, and isn't so far from the golf club.

Thanks again!
  • edited December 2011
    I seem to recall that you can have the ceremony at the Links as well, especially on the front deck area.  I believe they charge an extra $100.00 if you go that route.

Have a great day!
  • sunicosunico member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Karenm. That is indeed our backup plan if we don't find something else, but they only allow standing guests, and I want my guests to be seated. But thanks for answering!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards