Canada

Hand Canceling?

NukkeNukke member
First Anniversary First Comment
Does anyone know if Canada Post does hand canceling, and if they charge any extra for it?  Google was no help with this.  Also when I searched the Canada Post website, the only mention of "Hand Canceling" I could find was in their glossary.  :/
Our Wedding Website
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: Hand Canceling?

• raynesraynes member
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure. But it's really not that necessary.  The whole idea of hand canceling "back in the day" was to avoid having the invitations go through a machine for canceling.  But now, since everything is sorted and processed with machines, you can't avoid it anymore.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • NukkeNukke member
    edited December 2011
    I read that USPS still does it if you request, and it keeps your invites from potentially getting damaged by the machines.  I would call Canada Post myself to ask, but I'm in Japan an the 13 hour time difference never works out for me.
    Our Wedding Website
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, CP does it.  I went to a postal outlet and asked for them to do it because my invites were all color.  She happily did it, no extra charge.
  • edited December 2011
    PP's are right - the one thing you want to make sure of though is that you go to an actual post office, not just a counter in, llike, shoppers' - they aren't as aware of the regulations as the real post offices.
  • NukkeNukke member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice, ladies!  I'll be sure to go to an actual CP building, and not just a counter.  My invites are colour also, with white calligraphy, so I was a bit worried about the machines. 
    Our Wedding Website
  • raynesraynes member
    edited December 2011
    Just so you're aware, they're still going to go through machines.  They still need to be sorted.  They don't do that by hand anymore.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards