Canada
Options

Honeymoon in Montreal

What are the best things to do in Montreal? Where should we stay? Keep in mind it will be mid-late August!!! We've never been to Montreal before but we are SO excited to visit this part of the country! Any tips/suggestions or advice would be GREAT!
Thanks!!!!

Re: Honeymoon in Montreal

• Options
    edited December 2011
    there is a great B&B here in Montreal Casa Bianca. Hip hotels include Opus, or something fun in the old port including place d'armes, Neliigan, or my  favorite - auberge du vieux port - get a room overlooking the water. For a fun and very French breakfast go to L'express on St Denis. They also do wonderful dinners there.
    Food in the old port is touristy and over priced..not that great. Anything on Duluth Street you can bring your own bottle of wine, great food. Try Au Pied du cochon on Duluth. 40 minute walk from old port. Or take the subway (metro)
    you can pm me for more suggestions. I live here and eat out regularly and use to deal with the hotels for out of town business guests.
    Other fun things to do are the festivals, the contemporary art museum is fun, the Art museum downtown is great. If you love art go to the Belgo building.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh and skip buenna notte. It use to be 'good' but all I ever see is bad waiters, the couches they had in there smelt like...dog. It's a pretty obnoxious crowd. Now the 'thing' to do is go to the old port. Check out the rooftop teraces etc. Plenty of seeing and beeing seen or romantic drinks together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards