Canada
Options

Walking down the Aisle

I am unsure what to do about walking down the aisle??  I would really like to have both my parents walk me down the ailse, but my fear is that we will look too crowded??  My dress is really full and I just don't want to take away from that...any ideas or suggestions what I shoud do?

Re: Walking down the Aisle

• Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I walked down the aisle with both parents, but my aisle was very wide and my dress wasn't very poufy.

If you don't want to take away from the effect of your full dress, consider being alone when they open the door to reveal the bride, and walking through the door yourself, but having your parents join you from the sides as you walk in. That way guests will get a moment to see you in your full splendour. Smile

As long as the aisle is wide enough to fit the three of you, it should look fine. If the aisle is really narrow, think about an alternative like having your parents right behind you.

Besides... you'll probably be so excited to walk down the aisle, and so happy that the people you care about most are there next to you, that you won't even think of the inconveniences. My walk was a *little* awkward with the three of us all trying to link arms, but I didn't care at all because I was just happy that my parents were there with me. Plus, your guests and your fiance will have plenty of time during the ceremony to admire your full dress.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    silversparkssilversparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's traditional in Jewish weddings for both parents to walk both the bride and groom down the aisle, and having been to dozens of Jewish weddings, I have never seen a problem of squishiness in the aisle.
    I walked down the aisle with my parents and it was amazing and meaningful to have them both with me.
    If you're worried that it will be awkward linking arms, practice at home and during the rehearsal, or tryin holding hands, it might be easier. Maybe bring your mom and dad to a dress fitting so you can get an idea of how much space you need in the aisle to walk comfortably? And I agree with ringpop, there will be lots of opportunities for everyone to see your full dress, so if you're a little close together walking down the aisle, I'm sure you will look beautiful and it will be a tremendous moment anyway.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm walking with both parents - I'm not that close with my dad but I'm afraid I'll fall if I walk alone, lol.  My dress has a bit of a train, but its not that full.  People will have lots of time to stare at your dress once you are up there as well, so I'd say go with your parents if you want to!
  • Options
    rktorkto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my Mom doesnt want to walk with us.  she wants my Dad to enjoy it all by himself.  she is kind of traditional.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I walked with both my parents.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards