Christian Weddings
Options

Troubles and a selfish prayer request

I've just about had it with my current job. I work as an editor at a nonprofit, and I am the only editor for the entire organization. I've been there for three months, and I'm struggling to adjust. Basically, they expect perfection out of me, and I have no "grace period" to learn the function of the job. Everybody hates me, and I don't fit in and I feel so alienated. I'm crumbling under the pressure, and I feel completely lost and miserable, and I have no idea what to do. 

I've been trying to pray and find God's will for my life, but it's so hard because I desperately want out of this environment and I feel so guilty because it pays so well. I have a feeling if I don't quit it's only a matter of time before I get fired, and I would rather quit than be fired.

Can I make the selfish request for you all to pray for me?

Re: Troubles and a selfish prayer request

• Options
    praying for you! Is there anyway you can talk to your boss or someone else with management?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You are not selfish. You have to do what God wants you to do and seeking His will is the best thing you can do. I will pray that the Lord shows you His plan for your life and you have the courage and faith to take that first step- in whichever direction it may be. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_troubles-and-a-selfish-prayer-request?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:0277515f-0e92-4ab0-8a0c-7fe6e4f065e6Post:d5223b55-b005-4c0c-bddf-65cbea11728e">Re: Troubles and a selfish prayer request</a>:
    [QUOTE]You are not selfish. You have to do what God wants you to do and seeking His will is the best thing you can do. I will pray that the Lord shows you His plan for your life and you have the courage and faith to take that first step- in whichever direction it may be. 
    Posted by AshNoel8[/QUOTE]
    Agreed.  I'll be praying for you that you find peace and that God reveals to you what you should do.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_troubles-and-a-selfish-prayer-request?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:0277515f-0e92-4ab0-8a0c-7fe6e4f065e6Post:e1f28f25-74d0-4525-b470-c16e510165e0">Re: Troubles and a selfish prayer request</a>:
    [QUOTE]praying for you! Is there anyway you can talk to your boss or someone else with management?
    Posted by Ash61612[/QUOTE]
     <div>I've asked, but the answers I get don't really give me anything I feel like I can work with. It's just hard to be in a job where you are expected to be perfect right off the bad and not be given any time to learn. It just feels like no matter what I say their response is just "Do you job better" without giving me any tools or ideas how to do so.</div>
  • Options
    That's not selfish at all! It's really hard to spend most of your waking hours at a place where you feel pressured and unliked. I can completely sympathize with you as I currently abhor my job duties/environment as well.

Prayers going your way! ;0)
  • Options
    Praying for you! I don't think it's selfish at all.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    Absolutely praying for you!! Not a selfish request at all...

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards