Christian Weddings
Options

AW: My Vday!!!

hey everyone! i just had to brag. My wonderful FI got me my favorite flower (stargazer lilies...which he also got me last vday) sent to my work! I was SOOOO surprised..since most of you know we are in a LDR and cannot talk in this season. i was sooo excited to get them! (: 

Re: AW: My Vday!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY flowers at work! I got roses at work from my LDR FI :):):) isn't it the greatest :):)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    REALLY??? oh i LOVE it!!! it makes me appreciate it soo much more!
    My FI had a cute card that said "thinking of you. To my future wife. From your future husband. i love you to the moon" (: 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is really nice, you guys!  Wow, your FI's are such sweeties!

Mine got me a card with a lovely message: "To my one and only Love"  :-)

And then a gift card for a manicure.  :-) :-) 

I got him a card with a special message to the effect of: "I am honored to be your wife-to-be and I can't wait until we can live as husband and wife in another 5 months" (or something like that).  The message that was already printed on the card was SUPER me, and something like "I love the way you make me laugh, even when I don't feel like it, I love the way you are" blah blah.  4 years ago I would have felt a little "barf in the mouth" reading a card like that, but it really does ring true for us and I'm so honored that he chose ME!  :-) 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    awh!! i love that, kelly! (: suuuper cute! 
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH brought roses home from work with him, and then helped me make dinner and dessert. I wrote him a love letter delivered by way of a stuffed frog. ;) We ended our night by watching the videos from our couple's wedding shower and the wedding and reception. I hadn't seen any of them yet, and it was so neat to see what I had missed.
  • Options
    You ladies make me smile!!  My FI bought me the pair of Miss Me jeans I've been wanting for forever but couldn't get because they're pricey.  He also took did a few other things - and is taking me to The Cheesecake Factory, I can't wait!!  I got him windshield wipers and the PERFECT card.  :P

Background to the card:  Whenever I have money, I pay what I need to, and then end up spending the rest on flowers for my grandma, boots from Cavender's, or little random things.  When FI has money, he pays what he needs to, occasionally spends some on truck parts, and then pays for dinner and our outtings, and puts the rest up. 

The card:  Valentine, How do I love thee?  Let me count the ways...
    On second thought, better NOT.  You've seen what I do with the budget.
    "Married life is okay as long as yo ulove, honor, and take turns doing the dishes."

I told him it's technically a hubby card but we're close enough.  :P  I know the card's funnier for me, but I had to share!!

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love everybody's gifts and flowers and cards! How adorable!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! My FI sent me flowers to work, too! I was surprised! He also took me out to dinner, bought me Toy Story 3 (I have never seen it, but he knows I love kids' movies!) and a little stuffed dog that says I love you. He bought me the same card he did last year (he didn't realize it was the same one, but I did!). Haha the words are PERFECT, though! 

amongthelilies- why can't you talk to your FI? I know you told us that you are in a LDR and I think you said he is going to be a youth pastor, right? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

They are my favorite too.  I also like gerber daisies. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards