Christian Weddings

Spiritual Attack - need prayers

DH is really struggling right now. The thoughts going through his head are damaging and frustrating, and he's getting depressed. As a result, he's not thinking clearly, and he's lashing out at me and his family. I am pretty convinced he is under spiritual attack since starting his new ministry. Please pray for him and that I can support him however possible.

Re: Spiritual Attack - need prayers

• ochemjennochemjenn member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praying for both of you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry. Is there someone you trust you can pray with this about (you know, the whole "where two or three are gathered" thing)? If he's lashing out at you (which is unfair) it also might help to have someone reminding you of the truth
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_spiritual-attack-need-prayers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:0a61efbd-d345-4818-b140-7ac3e09cff96Post:57121574-7a4e-4825-9504-bba2ae2143c4">Re: Spiritual Attack - need prayers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so sorry. Is there someone you trust you can pray with this about (you know, the whole "where two or three are gathered" thing)? If he's lashing out at you (which is unfair) it also might help to have someone reminding you of the truth
    Posted by sister2groom[/QUOTE]

I do. My mentor and I talk and pray together regularly. And DH's mom leads the women's group at church and they have been praying for him too (even though they don't all know the details.)
  • edited December 2011
    praying for you two!

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be praying for you both.
  • Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praying for ya'll!
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear this. I will pray. 
  • edited December 2011
    The enemy definitely loves coming after those who the Lord is using. If he's taking the time to come after your husband and your marriage, then you must be doing something right. If you weren't, he wouldn't want to destroy the both of you so badly. I'll be praying for your husband and you.
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'll be praying too.  Have you talked to him about it?  Like is he telling you what is on his mind?
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sending prayers and hugs your way!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • fluttaby32fluttaby32 member
    edited December 2011
    ill pray too :)
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_spiritual-attack-need-prayers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:0a61efbd-d345-4818-b140-7ac3e09cff96Post:0b980aed-84de-4cc1-9ed1-3789196693a6">Re: Spiritual Attack - need prayers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll be praying too.  Have you talked to him about it?  Like is he telling you what is on his mind?
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

I get bits and pieces. But in general, he tends to clam up when things are bugging him. I still don't know the whole of what's on his mind, but he's at least venting (which is sometimes all I'll get - and way better than total silence).
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like our husbands are similar. Of course, E isn't in the ministry or anyting like that, but when school is bugging him and he's thinking negatively, I've found that laying in bed in the dark helps him open up. There's something about him knowing I'm there but not having to see the reactions that naturally cross my face that help to open up.

I'm praying for you and for him!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • edited December 2011
    Hugs and prayers heading y'all's way
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards