Christian Weddings
Options

Love and Respect

new to the board, so not sure what is usually talked about.

But, I came across this book "love and respect" and it has great insight. I would def. recommend it. I have not finished it yet, but as I'm reading through it. I find myself saying "Yeah I do that, oh we do that, yeah he has said that, etc" It helps me see a little better through his eyes I guess.

Anyways just a recommendation.
The book is Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerichs.

Re: Love and Respect

• Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board, Shayna!  Most of us have either read L&R or it's on our "gonna read it soon" list.  We're big fans of it over here. :)

When's your wedding?  How's planning going?  There's a "Roll Call" post at the top of the board where you can introduce yourself, and our mod, iamjoesgirl, usually posts a Prayer Request sticky on Sundays so we can keep track of those during the week.  Hope you're having a restful Sunday!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great rec!  I've heard of that book a lot.  My next book to read is whatever one my pastor tells us is required for p-m counseling, and then 'Crazy Love' so L&R might be the one after Crazy Love.  :-)

Gotta get my head back into more reading, and planning the wedding has actually helped!! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really enjoyed it and I thought the insight was enlightening - but I have to admit I found it repetitive and longer than it needed to be.
  • Options
    shaynas2007shaynas2007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! WE are getting married on July 23rd. So excited!!

Planning is going great. We just got engaged in Dec. and I have the place and photographer and dress. All the important stuff lol.

I have found the book a little repetitive but good.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome! Thanks for the rec! I am a July bride, too. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_love-respect?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:0ab90d8c-89a9-4d87-8b00-be4fd12318d0Post:7d716fe7-660d-4216-8a4c-8573a789babe">Re: Love and Respect</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really enjoyed it and I thought the insight was enlightening - but I have to admit I found it repetitive and longer than it needed to be.
    Posted by joyfulbride424[/QUOTE]

This is how H and I felt about the book.  The principles are good, but we found it to be too anecdotal for our taste and we agree it suffers from poor editing.

We are reading <u>Sacred Marriage</u> by Gary Thomas now and discuss a chapter each week on date night.  We would recommend it, along with<u> Love That Lasts </u>by Gary and Betsy Ricucci. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh Yay!  I just saw that you're also a July bride!  My wedding is on July 16th.  I think Ash's wedding is July 9 or somewhere around then... :-) 
  • Options
    Welcome to the board!!  I've heard that book get recommended quite a lot but haven't had the chance to read it yet.  But it's on my list.  :)

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    shaynas2007shaynas2007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks I'll have to look into those books
  • Options
    seventh7altoseventh7alto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kellya01!! July 16th!!
    You're the second person I've found on here with the same wedding date :)

To add to the conversation, I enjoyed the book our pastor gave us as a gift, When Sinners Say I Do. The title says it all...it's a bit of a different perspective.
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Woot for July brides!!! :-p 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely loved Love and Respect!!
    The first half of the book kind of annoyed me, but if you skip to the Energizing Cycle section of the book it has a ton of useful information and insight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards