Christian Weddings

Thanks for you prayers!-- Irene

Hey ladies. Just wanted to give an update on Irene. I want to thank all of you for praying for us and for all the tips to stay safe during and after the storm.

Luckily- by the time it reached us they had down graded it to a tropical storm. Even so, there was a lot of damage done, but not as bad as it could have been AND everyone is safe.

I stayed at the hospital from 8pm sat until 3pm sunday. I didn't sleep too well, considering my family was so far away and I was worried. FI, my parents and sister were all at my parents house a few miles away.

The hospital ran on back up generator power for more than 24 hours, but we are up and running again on the regular power. Our apartment has no power- and its likely it won't be restored for a while (they are saying maybe sunday). But my parents never lost power and are letting us stay with them for a while (yay). Our landlady has a pool in the backyard and the power line is laying inside of the pool right now.... No swimming for them for a while. eeeks.

As for damage. many areas are very very flooded, but the worst damage around me and my family really were the downed trees. A BIG branch fell onto my grandma's car.

Over all, we got very lucky with this storm. Not having power is the least of our worries. Everyone I know and love is safe and that's really all I care about.
There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Thanks for you prayers!-- Irene

• edited December 2011
    That's good to hear!  I hope your power is back on long before Sunday!  My power wasn't even out that long after Katrina! 
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear everyone is okay and safe!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So glad things turned out okay! Glad everyone is safe!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Glad you're okay! My friend in Queens is okay too. I'm so happy it's all over (is it all over everywhere?) That's awesome that you can stay with your parents! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards