Christian Weddings

It's starting to get real...

I ordered my invitations last night.  I had a "this is happening" kind of moment.  Those suckers ought to be here by about Monday or Tuesday of next week, and then I'll be able to start addressing them to send out on August 19.  In the meantime, I am going shopping for MOB dresses with my mom tomorrow and going with my BMs to order their dresses next Friday.  I have to call a local tux rental shop this Friday to see if they have the volume to handle our WP, then pick out tuxes with FI and start sending the guys in to get measured by the end of next month.  My first bridal shower is in about 7 weeks and FI and I have to go back over the registries to make sure everything is there.  Pretty soon I have to schedule my bridal portrait session for some time in September.  Aaah!  I went through a period of not having much of anything to do for about a month or two, and now I've got a ton of stuff to do!  Lol.

image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: It's starting to get real...

• FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So exciting!! Time is going to fly!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Aw yay!!! You're going to hit it hard the next couple of months, and then things will relax again before the last few weeks!  I'm at the "relaxed again" stage ... not really much to do right now except count RSVP's (which is a mess because the deadline is tomorrow and we still need over 40 cards returned, AHHH).  Anyway .... Yay for getting REAL with it!! :-)
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    I was thinking earlier that you're close to 100 days and my last 100 days zooooomed by.  Keep to-do lists!  They help! :)  PS- you're sending invitations on my b'day.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_its-starting-real?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:1b970210-af2c-404b-8c02-7c94072e0026Post:ef8477cc-be80-4bb9-93f9-e3a7e75bfc92">Re: It's starting to get real...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was thinking earlier that you're close to 100 days and my last 100 days zooooomed by.  Keep to-do lists!  They help! :)  PS- you're sending invitations on my b'day.  :)
    Posted by adrinkard[/QUOTE]
    August 19 was my grandma's birthday too.  She passed away a couple weeks after FI and I got engaged.  Now that I think about it, sending out the invites on her birthday might be a good way to remember her.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    You have some exciting things to look forward to in the near future!!

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that feeling completely! I'm at 115 days, my 100 mark is just two weeks away (Ahhh!!) But it really is feeling real now
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's starting to get real... : August 19 was my grandma's birthday too.  She passed away a couple weeks after FI and I got engaged.  <strong>Now that I think about it, sending out the invites on her birthday might be a good way to remember her.</strong>
    Posted by sessionswedding[/QUOTE]

That's so sweet!!  Good idea.  :)

Yay for getting close and it getting real!!  You'll have a lot to do from here on out.  :P
  • Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    After I sent my invitations time FLEW. Seriously, this is it... get ready for the roller coaster ride because you're going to zoom past all of this before you know it :) Have fun!!
  • edited December 2011
    I've got 115 days left. It didn't really hit me until it was 4 months - then I was like woah... 4 months. AHHH!H!!!  then I panicked. Everything is fine, and I know it will all fall into place, but I'm just a bit freaked out because i'm moving tomorrow too. 
  • edited December 2011
    It's funny because FI and I started planning at 14 months, so we were always really ahead of the game.  Now that we're at 5 months and things like inivitations are coming up, I'm starting to feel like I'm not ahead anymore!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't figure out a better way to word this, so hopefully it's not rude...

Why are you sending the invites so early?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't send out STDs and we're getting married the Saturday before Thanksgiving, so travel may be difficult and we want to give everyone a heads up.  We have a few international guests (some in Italy, some in Taiwan) whose invites are going out even sooner than that.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Yay, so exciting!! Joy's right, time will fly! Enjoy every minute!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards