Christian Weddings

Advice/Prayers needed

I am going to try and make this long story short. This has been weighing me down and I am really stressing over it.

My parents next door neighbors offered to throw me a shower about 6 months ago. Since then there was a disagreement between some family members and them and they aren't speaking to my parents. The shower is supposed to be in the middle of April and I haven't heard anything from the neighbors regarding invitations, plans. A month ago, one of the hosts helping the neighbor said she would talk to her and let me know about invitations and I haven't heard anything sine.

My mom and SIL have offered to have the shower at my mom's house and my SIL will host the shower as a back up plan. It's not even about having the shower, I am just sad to see a friendship/relationship come to an end. I know I have a phone call to make but I am struggling with the words and trying to build up the courage. 

And advice or prayers would be greatly appreciated.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Advice/Prayers needed

• Oh Ash that sucks.

Where you involved in this disagreement?  If not I would call and say, I know that you are having some problems with my parents but I still value the friendship and wanted you to know that. And go from there.

I had a similar situation with my family but it did result in my cousin dropping out of my bridal party, so I know how you feel.  *hugs* I'll be praying for you.

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• No, I wasn't involved in the disagreement that's why I feel so stuck in the middle. Thanks for your support and prayers.
  • I think I would just let it go and hope that time heals this relationship. I'm sorry that you are dealing with this.
  • I don't have advice, but I will say a prayer! 
  • I talked with one of the hosts and we have decided its probably best not for them to host the shower due to the stress and tension. She also pulled her daughter who was supposed to be a junior bridesmaid from my wedding. thanks for the prayers.
  • Oh no, I am sorry Ash, you will be in my prayers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards