Christian Weddings
Options

Frustrated - Trying to trust that god will provide

My fiance and I are looking to buy a townhome.  His aunt is our realitor.  We find houses we want to look at Fiance takes forever to call her and then she takes forever to respond back and then by the time she responds back the houses we want to look at have sold.  It's so frustrating.  I don't think my fiance quite understands that we have to figure out where we are going to live and soon.  My lease is up in August and I would really like to know where I am going to live.  We cannot live in my current appartment so I am moving on August 31st if I have a place to live or not.

I'm trying to trust that that house we are suppose to buy god will show us, but it's scarry when you are looking at having to move out of your current place in 3 months and not knowing where you are going to live. 

I have places I can stay but that involves putting all of my stuff in storage, and sending my cats to live with my parents.  I just wish I could move in August and stay there.

"Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"

Re: Frustrated - Trying to trust that god will provide

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you sit down and talk with FI and let him know how you are feeling? Express to him your concerns, or maybe you could call his aunt to try and get the ball rolling more quickly

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know you realtor is his aunt, but can you use somebody else. It seems like she's not a very reliable realtor. Why can't you call the realtor yourself? Why do you have to wait for FI to do it?

We are in the same boat as you, Fi's lease is up at the end of August and we are looking for a house. We just put an offer on a house yesterday but I have no idea if they will accept it.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would let FI know exactly how you feel. Or, I would take matters into my own hands and call FI's aunt myself. I can understand why you are frustrated and nervous-- it's nervewracking! But, don't worry- it will all work out. God always takes care of us. Keep praying! We are praying for you too!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hang in there.  I think that you are probably tied to FI's aunt for your realtor but the ladies made a good suggestion that maybe you contact her directly.  Also, talking to FI about it is a good idea.  Communication is one of the most difficult things to learn how to do effectively in a marriage and maybe this would be a good opportunity for the two of you to practice communicating about something that is really important to you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_frustrated-trying-trust-god-will-provide?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:1dbb3030-ae23-4a06-b5df-9cd799543757Post:c638262c-ad9e-4a46-8f10-6393064c881a">Re: Frustrated - Trying to trust that god will provide</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hang in there.  I think that you are probably tied to FI's aunt for your realtor but the ladies made a good suggestion that maybe you contact her directly.  Also, talking to FI about it is a good idea.  <strong>Communication is one of the most difficult things to learn how to do effectively in a marriage and maybe this would be a good opportunity for the two of you to practice communicating about something that is really important to you.</strong>
    Posted by iamjoesgurl[/QUOTE]

<div>well said!</div>

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Call her yourself. And maybe explain that you are seriously looking, not just window shopping. If she can't take you seriously enough, contact a different realtor.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will pray! He will provide! Hang in there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    can you just call the aunt yourself? If she's not returning your calls in a timely manner- maybe you need to find another realitor. She might not understand that you are "serious customers".
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_frustrated-trying-trust-god-will-provide?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:1dbb3030-ae23-4a06-b5df-9cd799543757Post:6fa9a630-92ff-4fd2-8534-abf1e28b7783">Re: Frustrated - Trying to trust that god will provide</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will pray! He will provide! Hang in there!
    Posted by AshNoel8[/QUOTE]

Thanks everyone, I am in email contact and the aunt and Fiance know that I am concerned about the time line. 

thanks for the prayers I pray every night about it and trying to put my trust in god that he will provide.  Today I gave my tides an offering and said a silent prayer for the house situation. 
    "Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards