Christian Weddings
Options

Boudoir photos?

Have any of you done this?  When did you give them to you fiance/hubby?  Any suggestions?  Thoughts?

Re: Boudoir photos?

• Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not my thing. That just doesn't match mine or FI's personality. I'm not against them at all, though.

If I were to do them, I'd give them to DH on the honeymoon. But that's just me...who isn't doing them :P
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I did them H would be like, "why'd you waste our money?  I can get the live show anytime I want!"  :-P

I'm not against them, but it just isn't our style.  I wish it were, I would love to feel that sexy, but it's just an expense that is not a priority to us.
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with DramaGeek.  DH would probably like it, and within the context of marriage it's okay.  But money is a bit tight after the wedding, so it's not something I'm considering.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. As long as it was a female photographer and it was within the context of marriage I think I'd be ok with it for myself personally - but if I spent the money on that DH would probably say... "um how come you posed for the camera and not for me" :P We just don't have the money right now - I see it being put to better use. Maybe a gift in the future or something, just not now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I may do these, but probably for an aniversary gift. Even though when we are married he will get a "free show" I think he would still appreciate it. I think it would be something to look back on after I have children and be like WOAH I was tiny then etc. etc.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI wants to take them himself on the night of our wedding. He says it will be a good way to get us both to open up to each other. He wants me to take some of him too. (never heard of make boudoir pics!!)  It does sound sort of fun though. Since the wedding night will be thefirst time for both of us, i think that's what we'll do.
  • Options
    SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not really into having a photographer take pictures of me like that. But if on our honeymoon my love wants to take some of his own.... it might be fun Surprised
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @Kalizoomba and @soontobegenao

I never thought about (then)DH taking pictures on the honeymoon. I bet he'd love the idea!! and it would be a good "ice breaker"
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did boudoir pics as my wedding gift to DH and I loved it. I was super nervous before going to the shoot, but all the girls on my local board (CT at the time) raved about this one photographer and his wife. The package included on site professional hair and makeup and a "coffee table book" even though the book is kept in a box in DH's bedside drawer lol.

As I said I was super nervous going to the shoot, but once I was there and relaxed a bit it was a lot of fun and I'm so thankful I did it. I think of it as a gift for not only DH but for me as well since the shoot was so much fun and it was great for my self esteem. The pictures are for his eyes only, and all the girls I know who have done this for their husbands get amazing reactions from them and it's definitely worth every penny!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I too have thought about doing them. I want to give them to DH on our honeymoon. I know it would only be for his eyes and I think he would love it. I have contacted a couple photographers to get quotes and info. I haven't made a decision due to the cost issue. I am thinking this will be a 1 year anniversary present if I don't do them for our honeymoon.

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did a boudoir photo shoot to give to my husband as a wedding gift. He usually only sees me in a T-shirt and jeans and I wanted to do something special and unexpected for him. Let's just say he enjoyed it ;-)

If you find a good photographer (in my case, she was a super-fun quirky female) and if you are clear about what you want or don't want, it's totally fun (you absolutely DO NOT have to get nude!). One thing I noticed while I was doing my session was how quickly modesty went out the window. I figure if it's something that's going to be for his eyes only there's nothing wrong with it.
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought about it but didn't do it for a few reasons:

1.  The cost

2.  By the time he would see them, he could see me barely clothed or naked anytime he wanted.  And (sorry if this is TMI) if he wanted, he could even touch/explore.

3.  I wouldn't ever want those type of pictures out there with the chance that other people may see them.

This is just my own personal opinion.  I'm not against the idea at all.  I think that some of the pictures I've seen were very tastefully done and really beautiful.
  • Options
    monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pps that said they would let H take them on wedding night (or whenever after that).

My FI is an artist, so he is totally excited to paint me naked when we're married.  Of course, unless I want to sit in the same position naked all the time, that means he'll be photographing me naked.  

I like boudoir shots from the artistic sense, since just pictures of me being naked (or in lingerie) is something anyone, including me or FI could easily do.  And I've seen very few boudoir shots that I thought looked artistic.  Some look just downright sleazy to me.  (I'm not saying anything against people who get Boudoir photos... I'm just saying that not all boudoir photographers are really good).  

SaveSave
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_boudoir-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:205743a5-fb46-4675-9ccf-8288172d1222Post:edfc1f01-d485-4ff3-acfc-af9940c5a6db">Re: Boudoir photos?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with pps that said they would let H take them on wedding night (or whenever after that).<strong> My FI is an artist, so he is totally excited to paint me naked when we're married. </strong> Of course, unless I want to sit in the same position naked all the time, that means he'll be photographing me naked.   I like boudoir shots from the artistic sense, since just pictures of me being naked (or in lingerie) is something anyone, including me or FI could easily do.  And I've seen very few boudoir shots that I thought looked artistic.  Some look just downright sleazy to me.  (I'm not saying anything against people who get Boudoir photos... I'm just saying that not all boudoir photographers are really good).  
    Posted by monkeysip[/QUOTE]

<div>So he wants you to sit somewhere and he'll paint a picture of you on paper --- or he wants to get the paint and actually paint your skin? My FI said it would be fun if he got some quick drying, washable paint and painted pictures on my back and arms and stomach and stuff. :) </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i thought about taking boudoir photos... and i mentioned to FI about it. (we are waiting until our honeymoon as well... so i would give it to him on the honeymoon)
    He said he wasn't comfortable with someone taking such intimate photos of me. i looked up DIY boudoir and thought about doing that.
    but like other PPs my FI mentioned that HE take the photos on our honeymoon. so maybe we will do that. (:
  • Options
    monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    "So he wants you to sit somewhere and he'll paint a picture of you on paper --- or he wants to get the paint and actually paint your skin? My FI said it would be fun if he got some quick drying, washable paint and painted pictures on my back and arms and stomach and stuff. :) "

Lol... no, like paint pictures of me on a canvas.  I guess the body painting sounds cool too ;)

SaveSave
  • Options
    ochemjennochemjenn member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

There's no way I'd be able to pose in my underwear or less for a photographer.  If DH wanted me to do something like that (fortuntately for me he doesn't!) I'd wear my favorite bikini.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I arranged for a friend to take them for me, and I made the book on vistaprint.com.  I paid my friend a small sum of money for her time, since most of what she did was editing.  She's a talented novice with a mid-range digital SLR, so it was good for her to get practice shooting a human subject in different lights.  We had a lot of fun, and the pics came out great even though they were not professionally done!

We had the same friend do our engagement photos. Honestly, we spent a bundle on our photography for the day of the wedding, but neither of us are the type to drop several hundred dollars on engagement or other non-wedding day photos.  We're really happy with what we got.

Oh, and I gave H his gift on the morning after the wedding. A wise friend advised to let him see me first, and then to give him the photos.  He does enjoy them!
  • Options
    kcadonaukcadonau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i did them as a wedding gift for DH, and they are super expensive, so i wouldn't have done them unless i had gotten a coupon on living social. i was really nervous at first but the lady taking them was really encouraging and easy-going. when i gave them to DH he was speechless lol. i wanted to do them cuz i know he would love them and because it is so far out of my comfort zone.
    also, the photographer's website had all the photos password protected so that was cool too ;)
    Formerly yarmik89 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Both FI and I want me to do them but we both agree, what do you do with the pictures? I was planning on having them put into a photo book but what do we do with that? 

It's not something we'd leave on the coffee table, or that FI could take to work, haha. 

I may do them but I probably won't just from a practical standpoint! 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    kcadonaukcadonau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH just has them in his nightstand in the little folder they came printed in
    Formerly yarmik89 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A little late to jump into the conversation, but a little advice to add! I did a boudoir shoot for DH because a friend of mine is in school for photography, has done some things but is trying to build her reputation and portfolio. She charged me nothing except for the prints. Honestly we had such a good time doing it, it was more like hanging out than doing something professionally.

She put together a "sneak peak" for me to give DH on the wedding night and we will be getting together with her soon to go over the pictures and let him pick his favorites. Some of them were very artsy, so those, where they look like an art piece, we're going to get in larger prints and frame them to hang in the bedroom. The rest will go into a book for DH. He loved them! Some of my favorites are with his soccer jersey. I took his high school jersey with his name on it and, without even having to get down to my skivvies, had my bra and undies on in a way that I could just drap the jersey over myself to give the illusion of nothing underneath. And then with his name emblazed across the back, it realy worked well :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards