Christian Weddings
Options

The Book of Life

Which name is in there?  Your maiden name or married name?  I just wondered.  :P

Re: The Book of Life

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well don't we all get new names in Heaven anyway?  I would guess that's the name that would be in there.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, good question and great answer!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I just got that from someone else too.  :P  But then it makes me wonder - we don't know that name until we're told, so how do they know it's there?  Ya know?  I'm so curious about that stuff - God's gonna have a hay day.  :)  I picture myself as very amusing to Him.  :P

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL, Beth, I'm sure we are ALL very amusing to God.  ;-)
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Lol yes I'm sure you're right.  There are so many times I start talking to Him and then just get to rambling and start laughing because I can just picture Him laughing.  :P  And I imagine rolling His eyes.  We're all unique in His eyes and I'm sure He finds each and every one of us entertaining!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and here's my thought:

We don't get our new name until we're in heaven, and it's written in the white stone.  But isn't that just between God and you?  Or is it not?  But we know each other by name in heaven so......But in order to get our new name, we have to be in heaven; in order to get in heaven, our name has to be in the Book of Life; so then would it be first middle maiden married?  It's not really anything to worry about - I'm just curious again!!  :P  That's something I guess we won't know until we're there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure that whatever name gets read for you from the Book of Life, you will recognize it on the day.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to my friend's church today and she asked the pastor.  :P  He said, "I think they'll only have to say 'Beth' and you'll know it's you.  There might be 500 Beths, but when they say your name, you'll know it's you."  He compared it to when he's at the store and his wife says his first name and he instantly turns to find her - even though he goes by his middle name to the rest of the world.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards