Christian Weddings
Options

Is it October Yet? Cried myself to sleep last night.

I don't know if it was because I went out of town this past weekend, or the May 21st talk and thinking about how Ineed to be ready for when the day comes since we never know when Jesus is coming back, or the tornados that hit Minnesota and Missouri (I live IN minnesota and one touched down just a block from my house no damage thank the lord).  But last night I just cried myself to sleep, i just don't want to be alone in the bed anymore.

My fiance and I do not live together, nor do we spend the night at eachother's houses.  We can actually count on one hand the nights we've spent at eachother's houses.  I am just ready to be together, we hadn't seen eachother for 5 days which is a long time for us, and yesterday when I did get to see him he felt horrible so i did not stick around for much so he could rest and get better.  (he's one who doesn't want someone to take care of him when he's sick he just wants to be left alone)  So I really miss him and I'm sure that had some to do with crying myself to sleep. 

I just wanted to vent my sadness because I'm still feeling the affects of it. Happy we get to spend all weekend together.  I know once the summer starts which is really busy October will be here in no time.

Thanks for listening.
"Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"

Re: Is it October Yet? Cried myself to sleep last night.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    awh i will be praying for you! i know that feeling of wanting time to hurry up so you can FI can be together in the night. i have felt that way many times. 

i think the engagement time can be a hard time..because you have all the stresses of the wedding and all the stresses about life! plus that feeling of just wishing time would go by faster so you could just be married already!! its that waiting feeling. not always a fun feeling. like waiting for a rollercoaster ride! uh!!! it can get sooo frustrating and tiring... but when it is finally your turn all the excitement comes rushing back!

i will pray for peace for you and for comfort. (: the time will go by faster and before you know it.... you will be his wife. (:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_october-yet-cried-myself-sleep-last-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:286ebfdc-8166-4084-8137-493cbf31e69ePost:5d1782b8-04b0-468e-b134-a8c16da92172">Re: Is it October Yet? Cried myself to sleep last night.</a>:
    [QUOTE]awh i will be praying for you! i know that feeling of wanting time to hurry up so you can FI can be together in the night. i have felt that way many times.  i think the engagement time can be a hard time..because you have all the stresses of the wedding and all the stresses about life! plus that feeling of just wishing time would go by faster so you could just be married already!! its that waiting feeling. not always a fun feeling. like waiting for a rollercoaster ride! uh!!! it can get sooo frustrating and tiring... but when it is finally your turn all the excitement comes rushing back! i will pray for peace for you and for comfort. (: the time will go by faster and before you know it.... you will be his wife. (:
    Posted by amongthelilies25[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for the kind words and the prayers. 
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seriously?  One block?!?!?!  That sounds really terrifying!  I can't imagine what it must have felt like, especially being alone.  I think tornados are scary because you know they're coming.  I grew up in San Francisco, and I lived through the 1989 earthquake but by the time you realize what is going on, it's over.  I'm very glad to hear that you're safe.  I know October is really far away still, but think about why you lived through this experience.  Sometimes, events like these teach us why we're meant to be with someone.  Did FI ever give you a bear or a stuffed animal?  I definitely sleep with one FI gave me.  When we were doing long distance between the U.S. and Brazil and I was missing him really badly, I would sleep with the bear until I felt better.  I know it's no replacement for FI, especially when the tornado is right out your door, but it's the best I can think of for a Christian couple!  Hope things are going better for you today!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_october-yet-cried-myself-sleep-last-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:286ebfdc-8166-4084-8137-493cbf31e69ePost:ec1a2c4a-1305-4b1a-aa65-89cad2fe261c">Re: Is it October Yet? Cried myself to sleep last night.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seriously?  One block?!?!?!  That sounds really terrifying!  I can't imagine what it must have felt like, especially being alone.  I think tornados are scary because you know they're coming.  I grew up in San Francisco, and I lived through the 1989 earthquake but by the time you realize what is going on, it's over.  I'm very glad to hear that you're safe.  I know October is really far away still, but think about why you lived through this experience.  Sometimes, events like these teach us why we're meant to be with someone.  Did FI ever give you a bear or a stuffed animal?  I definitely sleep with one FI gave me.  When we were doing long distance between the U.S. and Brazil and I was missing him really badly, I would sleep with the bear until I felt better.  I know it's no replacement for FI, especially when the tornado is right out your door, but it's the best I can think of for a Christian couple!  Hope things are going better for you today!
    Posted by GJones27[/QUOTE]

I actually wasn't home, I'm glad I wasn't my cats were prety shook up when I got home so it must have been prety freeky. 

I do have a blanket that I sleep with all the time, I think that after this weekend when I get to spend more time with him i will feel better. 

thanks for the ideas! 

Things will be better today we are going to a movie tonight. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will say a prayer that you feel God's peace. You are right, October will be here so soon! When FI and I got engaged, we had 364 days until the wedding- now we have 46 days! It goes so fast! Just keep looking forward to October! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards