Christian Weddings

Well... that was unexpected

Just goes to show nothing's set in stone... I lost my job today... and I'm devastated. God will provide, and God will open a new door. But it isn't exactly ideal and I'm getting married in 2 months. *sigh*
Anniversary

Re: Well... that was unexpected

• I'm sorry to hear that. Definitely not expected, but you're right, God will provide.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • so sorry to hear about this! praying
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is very rough. I lost my job a few years ago, so I know how devastating it is. It is one of those things people don't understand unless the have also gone through it. Please take care of yourself in this time. I ended up with permanent stomach problems from the stress and tears. Things will work out with time. I will pray for you.
  • Thanks ladies! It's just a bit of a sore blow... but just shows nothing is 100% certain, especially in the climate today. It would have been a little less painful in a few months time, considering I was only contracted till December... but 2 months before the wedding when we've JUST got a house sorted and things, it kinda sucks a LOT.
    Anniversary
  • I am so sorry for your loss, especially since it seems like it was a job you really liked/needed. I will be praying for God's provision for you guys. Feel free to vent or cry or whatever you need. We're here!
    Things I love: my Bunnies, baking, books, and The Beatles
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm terribly sorry to hear that happened to you.

I lost my job in February but I was able to get another one less than 2 months later. I was already married, but it still felt sucky.

DH also lost his job about 2 months before we got married last June. That was a hard season, but with a lot of looking, and lots of prayer, he got a job closer to where my family lives and allows more opportunity for advancement. 

I don't necessarily want to give unsolicited advice, but it helped me a lot when I lost my job to put a little energy into the things that made me happy (cooking, crafting, etc.). Also, being in a women's Bible study group provided me a lot of support. 
  • That must be rough.  You will work through it though :)
  • So sorry to hear that. I am praying that everything will work out for you in whatever way he sees fit sooner rather than later.
  • I am so sorry to hear that.  I will be praying for you.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• I am so so sorry. Sending prayers and pixie dust!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • So sorry to hear this! I will say a prayer for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards