Christian Weddings
Options

prayers please! traffic court today :(

Please pray for me, especially at 4pm! I have traffic court today :(

For me to be able to mentally and emotionally handle everything, and for the judge to be kind!

In Response to NWR ticket saga continues:
[QUOTE] I had to take a detour to work (road A) and I was just about to turn onto the road that I normally take (road B) and I was going 50. Road A and Road B for like 1/2 mile before Road A are 45mph (yes that's still speeding), but I was pulled over just before that point where I learned that it is apparently 25mph. NOT GOOD.
Posted by xstarx05x[/QUOTE]

save the date
"Here we stand from two distant lands, brought together by His hand" <3 my Aussie <BR>

Re: prayers please! traffic court today :(

• Options
    AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll be thinking of you and praying at 4!  And of course before then, so that your nerves are calmed during the day, too. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    UGH!  I'll say a prayer.  Hopefully you will be given mercy.
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Prayers coming your way! I hate traffic tickets!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    Praying!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am late on this, sorry. How did it go? I have had speeding tickets in my day and they are not fun. Nowadays I always drive only 5 mph over the speed limit or less. People behind me get mad and I have even had people pass me on a double yellow line, but I don't care. I am not risking it again. Hope it went well for you!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well...how was it?
  • Options
    xstarx05xxstarx05x member
    edited December 2011
    Sorry for the late reply. In case any of you were still wondering, here's what happened: I was instructed to go straight into the court room, the judge did a roll call to see who was here and to ask some people if they wanted to talk to the prosecutor (including me), I talked to the prosecutor and he was like "oh you're fine, you didn't do any harm, here's a plea agreement for you to give the judge so you'll only get 2 points (which go away after a year of a clean record) and like $200," so I was like ok sounds great! went back to the court room, gave the thing to the judge, and he was like "nope unacceptable, i'm going to suspend your license for 30 days, unless you'd like to change your plea to not guilty and have a trial," and my jaw literally dropped and I decided i'd better change my plea... Then I called my mom and cried. She was like, this is ridiculous.
    So I haven't gotten anything about the trial yet (of course). Do I need to hire a lawyer for this or will they have some? gahh...

save the date
    "Here we stand from two distant lands, brought together by His hand" <3 my Aussie <BR>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That really stinks.  I can't believe such a stiff fine for speeding.  I don't know what to tell you but I will say a prayer for you.
  • Options
    xstarx05xxstarx05x member
    edited December 2011

save the date
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry :-(  I don't know what the law is in your state, but in Oregon being over the speed limit that much would be charged as careless driving, possibly even reckless driving, depending on weather, road conditions, etc, which is why the penalty is what it is instead of just a small fine.  Is this your first speeding offense?
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In AZ driving way over the speed limit can actually be charged as a felony. (somewhere between 15 and 25 mph over, I think)

Sorry about your ticket though, that sucks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards