Christian Weddings
Options

Michelle Duggar Miscarriage

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20552173,00.html

I feel so bad for them.  :(  We should pray for their family.
image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: Michelle Duggar Miscarriage

• Options
    Ash61612Ash61612 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I feel sorry for them too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree. I know there are many people out there who are saying "it serves them right" or other such things because they disagree with their choices. But no one deserves to go through that kind of pain. :(
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I am heartbroken for them.  They love all of their children so much and you can tell from the article that it's breaking all of their hearts as well.  
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Such sad news. :( 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is so sad to see all the hateful responses and comments that people have to this situation. I am so sad for them! I am praying for Michelle and her family during this difficult time!
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel sorry for them that they've made their lives so public that they have to endure this heartache in the public eye.  I suppose it was their choice to do that so maybe I don't necessarily feel sorry for them for that part of this situation, but I agree that losing a child (whether or not they are born yet) is an awful thing to have to go through.  My mom suffered through 3 after I was born and I've always wondered how I was acting during those times she was grieving because I was too young to understand or even know that she was going through it.  I just hope that my behavior didn't make things worse as she was going through it.

I hope that if they get pregnant again, they will keep it private. 
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel sorry for their loss as well. A miscarriage is never easy whether it's your 1st or 20th child.
  • Options
    AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    While I don't necessarily agree with having 20 children, nobody should have to go through the pain of the miscarriage or the negative comments from strangers, especially people that seem to love their children as much as the Duggars do. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My heart aches for the pain they're going through, but the logical side of me I think saw it coming. I know that makes me sound like an awful person, but were our bodies really designed for 21 pregnancies? (she has miscarried once before) I know that's cynical of me, but it makes me wonder. I don't think it "serves them right", no one deserves that kind of pain.

I know their motto is that God is controling the size of their family, but when you turn that into a reality show and lets face it, just about ANYTHING on TLC is kinda whacked out- is God really in control? It's not my place to judge this specific situation, but it makes me wonder how much in my life I say I'm leaving up to God, when really I'm pulling the puppet strings behind the scenes. 
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • Options
    MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_michelle-duggar-miscarriage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:2e7aae8c-6850-4fd9-ab30-6cb3c471eca8Post:6f1a1e1e-0123-43dc-96c9-34bffe2f4c2a">Re: Michelle Duggar Miscarriage</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree. I know there are many people out there who are saying "it serves them right" or other such things because they disagree with their choices. But no one deserves to go through that kind of pain. :(
    Posted by azdancer8[/QUOTE]

I agree! I understand that people think they need to "stop" getting pregnant; but at the same time regardless of anyone's beliefs going through a pregnancy loss is devastating and heartbreaking. Nobody deserves that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This breaks my heart. I read the Duggars' second book and while I do agree with allowing God to determine the size of families, etc., I also think that He gives us signs that maybe it's time to stop. I think their sign was Josie's many medical problems for the first seven months or so of her life. All that being said, I'm sure losing a baby is a very hard thing to go through. They are such loving parents. As for them being public with their lives, I think maybe they did it (agreed to doing the show) to try to get Jesus' message out to more people and to a mainstream audience and maybe to people who wouldn't normally hear about God in their everyday lives. I could be wrong about that, but it makes sense. I know their family doesn't even watch the show. They said they love filming it but don't watch it (I don't know if they don't have a TV, or don't have cable or what). Anyway, this is very sad and I agree that we should pray for their peace. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

First, a few clarifying facts.

1.  She hasn't had 21 pregnancies.  There were a few sets of twins in there.

2.  She had a miscarriage during her second pregnancy.  If it was a sign to stop, she wouldn't have had any of her other children.

3.  Josie's medical problems were caused by a premature delivery that was necessary due to preeclampsia.  Preeclampsia can happen to any woman at any age during any stage of pregnancy, though older mothers are at a higher risk.

Second, I don't think there will be an issue of "trying" or "not trying" soon.  With Michelle at 45, menopause is right around the corner.  In fact, it was about 2 years from Josie's birth to her most recent pregnancy.  They said that was the longest she had ever been not pregnant since they stopped using birth control, and they were worried that she couldn't get pregnant anymore.  This may in fact be her last pregnancy.

Third, I think it's wonderful that they are raising up over 1.5 dozen good, strong Christian men and women who will no doubt go out into the world and spread the Gospel.  You can already see the influence it's having on their oldest son's family.

image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_michelle-duggar-miscarriage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:2e7aae8c-6850-4fd9-ab30-6cb3c471eca8Post:2d1cf3e0-18ec-48c9-a04b-3243f8b1dab8">Re: Michelle Duggar Miscarriage</a>:
    [QUOTE]This breaks my heart. I read the Duggars' second book and while I do agree with allowing God to determine the size of families, etc.,<strong> I also think that He gives us signs that maybe it's time to stop. I think their sign was Josie's</strong> many medical problems for the first seven months or so of her life. All that being said, I'm sure losing a baby is a very hard thing to go through. They are such loving parents. As for them being public with their lives, I think maybe they did it (agreed to doing the show) <strong>to try to get Jesus' message out to more people and to a mainstream audience and maybe to people who wouldn't normally hear about God i</strong>n their everyday lives. I could be wrong about that, but it makes sense. I know their family doesn't even watch the show. They said they love filming it but don't watch it (I don't know if they don't have a TV, or don't have cable or what). Anyway, this is very sad and I agree that we should pray for their peace. 
    Posted by AshNoel8[/QUOTE]

I agree with this! Josie's medical issues would have been my sign to stop.

I think they are using the show to spread their faith... and I think in many ways that it's wonderful. (a lot better than 99% of the stuff on the TV). As ridiculous as it sounds watching their show was the reason that I became interested in Christianity. I wasn't raised with it but seeing the love and faith in their family opened up my eyes to it.
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sessions said what I was thinking.

We had a huge discussion about this in a Knottie Facebook group I'm apart of and it was making me really sick how many people were like, "Good! I hope she stops trying."

I'm praying for their family. I have been since I've found out.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_michelle-duggar-miscarriage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:2e7aae8c-6850-4fd9-ab30-6cb3c471eca8Post:43b60e6f-c820-4757-8370-a916ef08b61c">Re: Michelle Duggar Miscarriage</a>:
    [QUOTE]My heart aches for the pain they're going through, but the logical side of me I think saw it coming. I know that makes me sound like an awful person, but were our bodies really designed for 21 pregnancies? (she has miscarried once before) I know that's cynical of me, but it makes me wonder. I don't think it "serves them right", no one deserves that kind of pain. I know their motto is that God is controling the size of their family, but when you turn that into a reality show and lets face it, just about ANYTHING on TLC is kinda whacked out- is God really in control? It's not my place to judge this specific situation, but<strong> it makes me wonder how much in my life I say I'm leaving up to God, when really I'm pulling the puppet strings behind the scenes. </strong>
    Posted by RebeccaJac[/QUOTE]
    This is an interesting point.

I feel terrible that she lost the baby, I can't imagine what they're going through. I pray for her health and the health of her future babies, if there are any.  I am glad she and Jim Bob have raised such productive, caring, intelligent members of society.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards