Christian Weddings
Options

Weekly Recaps!

Sorry, I didn't get on TK to do this yesterday.

Share 5 things to summarize your week. They can be highlights, lowlights, stories, events, thoughts, etc.
My blog
"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV

Re: Weekly Recaps!

• Options
    So sorry so long!

1. I took my dog Sophie to the vet.  She's got 5 prescriptions and an appointment in two weeks. She's apparently got an allergy (we think) which caused her skin to be susceptible to bacterial and yeast infections.  The first vet visit was almost as much as I had budgeted all together.  I will be able to cover the "in the door" fee for the next visit, but I'm not sure how much more. I have no income now (my last job was seasonal and ended a few weeks ago) so I just have what I've saved up since then. I was hoping to also get new glasses (I lost mine about 8 months ago and have been without since) by going to America's Best and getting the cheap glasses, but I think I can't afford it now, it'll all go to vet bills. And if the vet bills total more than what I'd budgeted for it plus the eyeglasses money, I don't know how I'll pay it. So prayers, for provision... and if I could find my glasses or my old prescription (you can get $20 glasses from China with a prescription) that would be amazing.

2. Ryan met with his pastor this week, regarding a few things, not least amongst which was me.  Unlike my priest, his pastor is basically like, "let's discuss if you guys are going to get married when I meet her."  He advised us to take it slow and said "you are just 25".  Ryan admits though, he didn't tell him that God has directed us to marry soon (but he "implied it").
    I wish I was more perfect, that I didn't feel like stamping my foot and saying, "I'm twenty-five years old, and will be twenty-six in two weeks. When will people stop implying I'm too young for things a lot of my peers did seven or eight years ago?"  Le sigh. But to be fair, my own priest had a similar 'wait, no rush' reaction until I actually told him about how God has spoken to Ryan and I about our future, and then he went into a more supportive role.  If Ryan had spoken up probably his pastor would do the same. Part of the reason I'm impatient is because I'm wanting to transition to India and I think opening up a dialogue with his pastor would help me.  But apparently it'll have to wait until I get there.

3. Ryan got a lead from his pastor about a cool job writing & researching techincial aspects for a very large television news corporation.  Prayers always appreciated.

4. My friend with twins found out her cervix is fine and it's not cancer.

5. I had my first wedding planning breakdown. My mom and I were watching Say Yes to the Dress and an emotional scene came on, so I was able to pretend I was reacting to that, but in reality I started crying because it just hit me that my parent's won't get to be at my wedding.  I can't talk to them about it either, because my mom would latch on it and beg us to have Ryan move here instead. But God's made it clear to us that I'm going there, and unless we win a sweepstakes or something, we just can't afford two weddings.  I'm not regretting the decision to go there, but my heart does hurt to think my mom won't be there, that my dad won't walk me down the aisle.  And I tried to talk to Ryan about it, but he just got all concerned and was trying to figure out how to "fix it". And so I had to withdraw, because I don't think this is about fixing it, it's about mourning this, and assuring myself that anything I give up in obedience to the prompting of God He assures me I'll recieve better.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Options
    1. Sickness: I am finally over the cold I had for over a week. I don't ever remember feeling that bad in a long time. I swore I had strep but the rapid strep came back negative so I don't know if I got tested to early or what. But the chicken soup, hot tea and rest finally all kicked in and I am feeling better.
    2. Lists: I am a big list person. I love crossing things off whether I am at the grocery store and the never ending wedding "to-do" check list. FI is the complete opposite. As we are getting closer and closer, FI's list isn't getting any shorter and he keeps putting it off. I would love him to help but feel like I am going to end up doing everything that needs to get done.
    3. Lupus: A really close friend of mine from college is having some testing done to see which form of lupus she has. They are testing her for the form where the veins/arteries to the organs start to harden. It's all very scary and I continue to pray for her health and the dr's treating her.
    4. Heavy heart: I have another close friend who is drifting back to an abusive guy she dated for a while and my heart is breaking for her. She is such a wonderful person and has so much to offer someone but she thinks she is going to be alone forever and would rather be with him instead.
    5. Toms: I really want a pair of Toms shoes. I am going to wait until my tax return gets here. I am trying to limit my spending but really want a pair of these.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    1. Good news from the doctor! I'm in a drug trial for allergic asthma and so I drive back to my hometown (2.5 hours each way) every 2 weeks to get the injections. I had been having really bad reactions and while the doctors were trying to figure out what was going on, I was put on a strict "no exercise" plan. They didn't want me stressing my heart or lungs. But I haven't had a reaction the last two times, so they told me if I wanted to get back to the gym and to running I could!

2. Back to the gym :)I've been good about going since Friday. Wednesday is my day off and I find that I usually struggle with going after a day off, but I went today and I'm super proud of that!

3. Budgets H and I set a budget for saving. We've just been in a "save as much as possible" mode and it was working out alright for us, but now we have set a budget are going to be able to put away more every month!

4. Work has been crazy! I'm loving it, though. They're thinking about offering me a second position (I'm currently just part time) so that way I can get more hours and more money.

5. Snow We've gotten crazy amounts of snow over the past two weeks!! And it's all still here. The roads are great now, but getting out of our parking lot is still a struggle.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    1) Stress, stress, stress: I've been super stressed. Work has been crazy stressful, I've been lazy when it comes to the things I want/need to do around the house, and I have to go try on bridesmaids dresses for my friends weekend. This Sunday is going to be church, takeout, sweatpants, and the Super Bowl.

2) Small steps: I'm trying to lose weight/tone up for our upcoming vacation, and it's hard to work out when you haven't been nearly as active as you were in the past.

3) No communication: H and my opposite work schedules are taking their toll on me this week. It's affecting me in particularly in ways I don't feel like talking about here. 

4) Puppy: I was in such a foul mood today until my coworker who had the day off had to stop in for something and brought his dog in with him, which instantly brightened my mood.

5) Church groups: H and I signed up for a married couple's class and I signed up for a women's bible study at church. My bible study starts tonight, and the couple's one starts the Sunday after next. I'm excited for it, I have never really had a chance to be in a bible study/group before.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_weekly-recaps-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:31ba29b9-c82e-4bc5-b9d6-161738cd7368Post:d6aa8274-55e4-4f7f-b076-43d05181c406">Re: Weekly Recaps!</a>:
    [QUOTE]5) Church groups: H and I signed up for a married couple's class and I signed up for a women's bible study at church. My bible study starts tonight, and the couple's one starts the Sunday after next. I'm excited for it, I have never really had a chance to be in a bible study/group before.
    Posted by agape1cor813[/QUOTE]

Oh! I'm excited for you! I 've done most of my growing in Bible Studies and such.  I pray it will bless you and you will bless the group. (I've also been in a few where they were just eh, so if it is, persist. God grows us so much in small groups, especially in combination with His Word.) So happy for you!
    My blog
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_weekly-recaps-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:31ba29b9-c82e-4bc5-b9d6-161738cd7368Post:47278c35-0c42-4070-aae9-18f7b168d2ee">Re: Weekly Recaps!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So sorry so long!  for a very large television news corporation.  Prayers always appreciated. <strong>4. My friend with twins found out her cervix is fine and it's not cancer. </strong>
    Posted by RyansBelovedBride[/QUOTE]
    this is great news!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    1. I got called on in class on Tuesday and was able to argue my side of the case well. 2. Playing fetch every day for a half hour in my yard with my dog is the best part of the week. Her pure happiness for play is infectious. 3. I filed my and H's taxes so I can't wait to get the refund and put it toward some credit cards. 4. H and I found out our final budget for getting a new car so we are excited to go car shopping. 5. I had a fever on wednesday and I'm still feeling weak.
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2012
    1. First Day in my Placement Classroom and I had a blast! My teacher is super nice and helpful and the kids seem to be great. Can't wait to do more!

2. Turned in my first paper for the semester. Whew! Now I have a little more free time!

3. Chipotle and Once Upon a Time for dinner last night! FI wasn't home so my mom and I had a girl's night! It was fun!

4. It's February! My favorite month after October-- it's my birthday month and I love Valentine's Day!

5. Ran a fun 5k with my mom on Saturday! We are running another this month and are excited!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    1. My back is feeling better!  Last week I was in so much pain, but medicine, walking every 45 minutes instead of sitting all day, and lots of stretching have helped immensely.

2. Dissertation writing is going very well, I'll be done weeks ahead of time, meaning next week I can hopefully get back to what I really love, doing experiments.

3. FI has been so helpful with wedding stuff.  He picked up the envelopes my bridesmaid volunteered to address, and typed up all the addresses for me (I only had a printout from my mom, who then lost the file), without me asking him to.  He also looked up several sites for candles we need and sent them to me so I didn't have to do all the research myself.

4. This weekend will be relaxing again - is it odd that having 2 weekends at home in a row feels like a vacation?  Normally I'm staying at my aunt's house (near FI's place) about an hour away at least every other weekend. 

5. Invitations are almost put together and should be sent out Monday!  Yay!
  • Options
    1. Found a new job and had to go get a physical but the clinic they sent me to wants me to get a sign off from my docter about my ability to lift due to my neck issues and heart issues of the past I was not too happy about this and I'm hoping it dosnt set me back to start my new job. Luckily I have part-time job and can probably pick up some hours if needed , and it will be needed.

2. We are looking at a venue tomorrow and also meeting with a photographer . The photographer is a christian lady that did a friend of mine's wedding I am hoping the prices work out in our favor. Also trying to play with the guest list is getting to me !

3. Have been helping to take care of FI 's Nanny who has dementia/altimers...It is really getting to his Mom to be taking care of her in their home and my FI is very impatient about it as well ... It cant be helped but I feel bad for them all right now but i'm happy I can help his mom out .

4. Had a date night with my 8 year old at pizza hut on Tuesday that was fun . He somewhat told me he has a girlfriend but insisted they were "just friends" but also said he had no other friends that were girls.... Smooth kid... smooth ...

5. So happy I found a drama free wedding board, I had given up all hope in the world and FI told me to stay off the website totally he was so upset to hear what a mess I had found myself in on other boards... So thank you ladies !
    Love is All You Need
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards