Christian Weddings
Options

Need Prayers Again

I am getting married in 10 days.

There are 70 or so households who have STILL not RSVP'd for the wedding.  I literally have no clue how many people will be at my wedding.  It sucks.

I am bad about getting ulcers and enlarged taste buds when I'm stressed.  (You know when you get those big painful white bumps on your tongue?  That's what they are.)  Last night I was looking at my throat in the mirror to see if it was inflamed (because it was a bit sore) and I noticed a white bump in the area of my left tonsil.  UGH!  So apparently I have a viral infection or something in my mouth.  AND I WANT IT OUT!

I'm trying to be as relaxed as possible, and with 10 days still to go until the wedding we have pretty much everything done.  But with FI's grandma having just passed away and his favorite aunt pretty much on her death bed (she will definitely miss the wedding even if she takes a turn for the better), the things that are stressing me out are out of my control!

I could use some prayers for healing and stress relief, and of course prayers for FI's aunt.
image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: Need Prayers Again

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am sorry you are so stressed!! Can you call (or get someone else to call for you) these households so you know an exact number? don't you need to know for food purposes?
    praying the stress eases and the bumps and infection goes away

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_need-prayers-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:32e3a0d3-4ee1-462a-a299-c447d6f5d574Post:a43e9971-58f0-4192-88e7-79c90a13f309">Re: Need Prayers Again</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am sorry you are so stressed!! <strong>Can you call (or get someone else to call for you) these households so you know an exact number?</strong> don't you need to know for food purposes? praying the stress eases and the bumps and infection goes away
    Posted by sprtychick10[/QUOTE]
    I have called the ones I know, and my mom has called the ones she knows.  The problem is that there are 68 households still missing from FMIL's list.  FMIL just lost her MIL, might soon lose her SIL, and is trying to prepare to do the flowers and food for our wedding.  So I think I'm just going to act like those 68 are "no" people.  The food is a buffet and the seating is open, so we should be OK there.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• Options
    BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry that you are going through this right now! I will be praying that all goes well for you. Is there anyway to get the contact info from FMIL and call them yourself to follow up?
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to hear that you are sick and stressed!! I will be praying.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_need-prayers-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:32e3a0d3-4ee1-462a-a299-c447d6f5d574Post:ad1c991c-0dcb-40f2-b9a8-db7e5b4df629">Re: Need Prayers Again</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need Prayers Again : I have called the ones I know, and my mom has called the ones she knows.  The problem is that there are 68 households still missing from FMIL's list.  FMIL just lost her MIL, might soon lose her SIL, and is trying to prepare to do the flowers and food for our wedding.  So I think I'm just going to act like those 68 are "no" people.  The food is a buffet and the seating is open, so we should be OK there.
    Posted by sessionswedding[/QUOTE]

oh wow, that is a lot FMIL is going through. Can you call the 68 just to double check? 68 is a lot of extra to feed if they do show up day of the wedding

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm sorry you're going through this, and so sorry to hear of all the sadness in your fi's family :-(

As far as the lack of RSVPs, I think I'd prepare for those 68 to all be yesses and buy some "to go" containers.  I've got to believe that at least some of those 68 are going to show and you'd hate to not have enough food.  If you have leftovers, send it home with people in the to-go boxes.

• Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oh I am so sorry! *hugs*  I'll be praying for you!  Can't your FI grab her phone book and make the calls himself?  Other then that I agree with Drama, it's better to be over then to be under. 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The 68 households are FMIL's personal friends, coworkers, Bible study group members, etc.  FI and I literally know zero of these people.  We have no way of calling them or contacting them.  I somehow get the feeling they're not coming, but we're planning food for 250 anyway.

As for my mouth, I'm going to the urgent care center after work today.  I think I might be getting strep throat.  :(
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no!  I'll be praying for healing and for stress relief.
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Keeping you in my prayers as well. Get better soon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So sorry for this. I will definitely pray! It will all work out. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to urgent care.  The strep test was negative, but I do have some redness in my throat and the nurse (practitioner?  he wasn't labelled) noticed the white bump in my throat and on my tongue.  He said the thing on my tongue is an ulcer from a virus due to stress (go figure) and told me to gargle with a mixture of equal parts water, mouthwash, and hydrogen peroxide.  Umm...ew?  I'm not putting hydrogen peroxide in my mouth.  :-P  So I'm using mouthwash and brushing frequently with hot water.  He also gave me some antibiotics in case strep does develop in my stressed out throat, but he told me to sit on them unless and until I need them, because taking antibiotics when you don't need them can cause a skin rash - and I'm getting married in 10 days.  Don't take them yet, you say?  You got it.  Lol.

Funny side note, I asked FI to pick me up some mouthwash.  FI is allergic to mint (particularly green mint, like spearmint) so I guess he's used to avoiding anything in the toothpaste aisle that looks green.  He brought me home this massive jug (me: why so big? him: it was cheaper!) of blue liquid that I swear tastes like what gargling Windex must taste like.  BLECH!  Hydrogen peroxide's not looking so bad all of a sudden, haha.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Use the hydrogen peroxide!!  It really doesn't taste *that* bad and it definitely kills germs.  Do it, woman!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hydrogen peroxide will REALLY help the infection.  once you water it down a little like the doctor mentioned, you won't really taste it.  promise.  and it'll provide a lot of relief.

I'd say just plan on at least 75% of the 68 people to come, and forget about it.  there's NOTHING ELSE YOU CAN DO.  so let go.  :)  some things aren't worth stressing over.  if you have enough seating and food to accommodate them, then you're fine.  pick and choose your battles...  don't stress over things you absolutely can't control.  worry about the things that you CAN control.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You guys are great!  :)

And I'm thinking about picking up some hydrogen peroxide on the way home.  Why do I feel nervous about that?  Lol.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• Options
    AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

sessions--can I just say how much I love your new siggy picture?  It makes me laugh, given the topic of this thread :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_need-prayers-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:32e3a0d3-4ee1-462a-a299-c447d6f5d574Post:5e4c2b40-1b68-4c90-bb64-3105adf75e04">Re: Need Prayers Again</a>:
    [QUOTE]sessions--can I just say how much I love your new siggy picture?  It makes me laugh, given the topic of this thread :)
    Posted by AllyG303[/QUOTE]
    I've gotten a couple of comments on it today.  I thought it was hillarious.  I took down my RSVP count and put that in it's place.  Because that is far more accurate.  :-P
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry you're stressed, you'll be in my prayers hun! You're in the final stretch!

P.S. LOVE your siggy pic! I could have used that in the weeks leading up to our wedding! I don't understand how it's so hard to send back an RSVP unless you really don't know if you can make it or not. I always send ours right back as soon as we receive an invitation.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_need-prayers-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:32e3a0d3-4ee1-462a-a299-c447d6f5d574Post:6efdb448-fddc-4a2a-b029-cd8b33ebca51">Re: Need Prayers Again</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so sorry you're stressed, you'll be in my prayers hun! You're in the final stretch! P.S. LOVE your siggy pic! I could have used that in the weeks leading up to our wedding! I don't understand how it's so hard to send back an RSVP unless you really don't know if you can make it or not. <strong>I always send ours right back as soon as we receive an invitation.</strong>
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]
    On behalf of frazzled brides everywhere, thank you.  Maybe I should have invited you and your H instead of FMIL's friends. ;-)
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards