Christian Weddings
Options

Thank You, Christian Board

I posted here once a few weeks ago, containing a bit of my (rather long) story. Just as a very quick recap: I was raised Christian but stopped believing at a very, very young age when things went wrong with my family. I became bitter towards religion and blamed God for what happened. I converted to Paganism and have kept it close for most of my life. A couple years ago, I met FI, who was raised Catholic. After meeting me, he strayed from his own religion (though, he never fully believed it, anyway). After some haunting dreams, realising how distant FI had become, and reading this board a lot, I started looking into the religion once more. For the first time in many, many years, I attended church this past Sunday. FI's first time to church in about a year and a half, and his first time to a non-Catholic service. I got a lot out of it - more than I ever thought I would. FI said he really enjoyed it.

But, I wanted to say thank you, ladies. While not really posting here myself, I've been reading your stories and seeing how you all interact and react to different people and things. It's truly uplifting. Keeping it in mind, I made the treck over to the church. I think I spent the entire time holding back tears. We talked to the pastor and he welcomed us with open arms, as did the other members. We're going back this next Sunday. And I can't wait :) So, thanks again, ladies.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thank You, Christian Board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    spokenvows - that is soooooooo great to hear! wow! God is really good. i am glad to hear that you have been lurking and reading our posts. (: and i am glad that we can be an inspiration to you. 

Come around more and post anywhere. Know that we are hear for you and if you ever need some prayer or encouragement feel free to post or PM any of us anytime! (:

Lord, i just pray a covering and protection over this daughter, God. I pray that she will encounter You in a new and fresh way like she never has before. I declare that she will FEEL Your loving arms around her. I pray that she will begin to notice all the love that You have for her. I declare blessings and increase on her life and her upcoming marriage. i declare blessings on her finances, God. 
    I also pray for her FI, God. Just encounter them both in their life...wherever they are. You are soo faithful, Lord. Holy Spirit i pray that you will comfort this princess. Comfort those areas of hurt that she has had. Lord, i do not know her story....but you do, Lord..and i just pray that you will fully heal her wounds and that she will know that Jesus died for HER healing. So that she can be restored and full of hope. I pray for a restoration of hope in EVERY area of her life. Proverbs 13:12 says "hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the desires comes it is the tree of life." I just declare that verse over you, Spokenvows. That your hope in every aspect of your life will be completely 100% restored. 
    In Jesus Name, AMEN!

Sorry...i hope that was okay that i did that.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_thank-christian-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:36c9c42a-cbfb-4571-81af-45ceb014f225Post:8d433b5d-49cb-4326-81dd-9d62b98f4e74">Re: Thank You, Christian Board</a>:
    [QUOTE]spokenvows - that is soooooooo great to hear! wow! God is really good. i am glad to hear that you have been lurking and reading our posts. (: and i am glad that we can be an inspiration to you.  Come around more and post anywhere. Know that we are hear for you and if you ever need some prayer or encouragement feel free to post or PM any of us anytime! (: Lord, i just pray a covering and protection over this daughter, God. I pray that she will encounter You in a new and fresh way like she never has before. I declare that she will FEEL Your loving arms around her. I pray that she will begin to notice all the love that You have for her. I declare blessings and increase on her life and her upcoming marriage. i declare blessings on her finances, God.  I also pray for her FI, God. Just encounter them both in their life...wherever they are. You are soo faithful, Lord. Holy Spirit i pray that you will comfort this princess. Comfort those areas of hurt that she has had. Lord, i do not know her story....but you do, Lord..and i just pray that you will fully heal her wounds and that she will know that Jesus died for HER healing. So that she can be restored and full of hope. I pray for a restoration of hope in EVERY area of her life. Proverbs 13:12 says "hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the desires comes it is the tree of life." I just declare that verse over you, Spokenvows. That your hope in every aspect of your life will be completely 100% restored.  In Jesus Name, AMEN! <strong>Sorry...i hope that was okay that i did that.  </strong>
    Posted by amongthelilies25[/QUOTE]

Well, it didn't help the crying situation, but it did help me, hehe. Thank you, so much. I think I'll be posting over here a lot more often.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SpokenVows - You are my inspiration for today. I'm so glad that you had such an uplifting experience here and are finding your way back to the church. I truly hope to see you around here more often. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is awesome!  Totally just made my day.  :D

Let us know if you need anything:  prayers, support, Bible verses, inspiration, etc.  We'll be right here!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    (: okay.... good. 

please post more. we would love to help anywhere we can....and just listen to your wedding plans, and just about life. this is BY FAR my favorite board. 

everyone is soo real and wonderful and encouraging. (:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    SpokenVows - It is wonderful to hear how God has touched your heart.  We may not always understand His ways, but we must have faith that His ways are best.  

I'm new to this board also, and must say I love the way people interact on this board much more than other boards.  You ladies are all inspirational!
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Spoken- I am so happy to hear that God called you in the way that he did! I am new to this board as well and have already found much support and inspiration from the other girls. We all need each other in our journey with Christ to pick each other up, on occasion, and be there to support each other.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @spokenvows, I am so happy to see God calling you in the way He did and you answering him. I too have been reading/lurking around this board for a little bit now and it is by far one of my favortie boards. Welcome and God Bless.

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What a fantastic experience at church!  :-)  You just made my day, spokenvows!! :-) 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear.  One thing that I found is that everyone pretty much as a "conversion" at some point.  Maybe we were raised Catholic, drifted away for a bit, then realized we were missing something.  Some people don't have the courage to act on that feeling.  I know that when I haven't been able to go to church for a few weeks, I feel like I'm back at home when I do go back.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, what a wonderful inspiration! I am so excited for you! Please come back often. Like the other girls said, we are here to help in any way we can. I will pray for you and your FI and I know that God will touch your heart and show you His love if you let Him. So happy you are here! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards