Christian Weddings

Bridal shower surprise!!!

My bridal shower was, as expected, on Saturday!!! :) While minimally attended, there was a HUGE surprise waiting for me when my friend got me there...my MOM had flown in from PA!!!!! I was so incredibly shocked and I got tears in my eyes hugging her. With all the money my parents are putting into this already (they are paying 100% for the wedding...) I never imagined she would show up! But she said that people had been telling her that this was a once in a lifetime oppurtunity and she had to be there. Aside from my mom there was my three closest friends from church. My mom picked this weekend because of the price of airfare but because of the holiday weekend most people weren't able to make it. But I'd take my MOM, and my closest friends in the area, over a ton of people anyday :) And FI was totally in on it, finding an excuse to not spend Saturday with me so he could go to the airport and get my mom!!

Surprisingly, there were several gifts from some who weren't even there! FMIL figured that since she couldn't be there that she would get me a great gift...and great gift she got! She bought us the KitchenAid Mixer!!!!!! I was SO surprised!!! There was also a gift from FI's niece (well, techinally his sister but you know haha) and the card said "To: Aunt Rachel" :-D Awwwww! I got some other great stuff too, but the best part really was my mom being there :)

Re: Bridal shower surprise!!!

• katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that is awesome!!! What a wonderful surprise!

I would have cried as well.

Hoorah for the Kitchen Aid! I love mine!
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is awesome! I'm so happy for you :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • edited December 2011
    Yay!! So exciting! What a great family and friends you have! 
  • edited December 2011
    Aw I am so happy that your Mom came in I would've cried too!! And hooray for the KitchenAid I got mine too and I am psyched to use it!!! I know you love to bake as well that'll be so fun!
  • edited December 2011
    I DO love to bake!!! And now that I know we have it, I'm excited to open up that box and play with it haha. Though I knot "techinally" I shouldn't until after the wedding...hehe. I am excited about that various attachments you can get too...apparently you can even make pasta with it? That's very intrigueing!!

Last night when I got to FI's after work I walked in and went "...I already miss my mom!"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards