Christian Weddings
Options

Stryper! And a Question

So, many of you are too young to ever really heard of this band so kudos to you if you came to see this post and you actually have heard of them.  I am a bit older so this band was really hot when I was in high school.  DH likes them and they came to Baltimore last night so for the experience, I decided to go to the concert with him.  I seriously haven't seen so many men with long hair since the 80s.  I don't know where these concert goers came from, but many of them looked like they were still living in the 80s.  It was pretty funny.  Both of our songs during our ceremony were Stryper songs but they didn't do either one.  Frown

My question is this - who was a really hot band when you were in high school (which may be last year for some of you!) and would you see yourself going to their concert in 25 years?

Re: Stryper! And a Question

• Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    N*Sync, Backstreet Boys, and 98 Degrees were really popular in MS and the early part of HS.  Spice Girls were more 4th/5th grade.  I was only allowed to listen to Christian and some country music that my parents approved, so I can't see myself going to their concerts, because I only heard their music if a friend was listening to it.  I've never actually been to a secular concert now that I think about it.

In Youth Group, FFH, Casting Crowns, DC Talk (and Tait and TobyMac later), Newsboys, Third Day, and Point of Grace were favorites.  I've seen all of them live and LOVE it. 
  • Options
    MelissaAnne88MelissaAnne88 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I saw Plus One in concert in 6th or 7th grade. I would SO do that again. :)
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha. i saw Plus One in concert too!!! thats hilarious!

ya...NSync and other boy bands were early high school/middle school. 
    Britney Spears was very popular. Kelly Clarkson was number 1 in 2005 when i graduated high school. Usher was popular. Outkast got really popular (hey ya!) hmmm...ya...idk if i would go to any of these concerts tho. lol. 

gosh..its fun to listen to old songs that i used to groove to. lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally know who Stryper is, lol.  I am a moderator over on the ChristianRock.net message boards, so that's why.  I went through most of high school listening to mostly Christian metal and rock.  I'm not entirely sure who was "popular" when I was in HS, because even the secular music I listened to was underground stuff or grunge/punk/rock/metal/alternative.  Some of my faves from HS were Underoath, Emery, Anberlin, Skillet, Project 86, Norma Jean, He is Legend, etc.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bands that were popular and bands that I would go see in 25 were not exactly the same. ;) I've only been out of HS for 5 years (which OMG sounds like forever already.) so most of the same people are more or less still popular in some respects.

I only recently (as in, the last 3 or 4 years) got into a lot of the contemporary Christian music. I did listen to Newsboys & DC talk back in the day though, from influence of other YG friends. I've seen Newsboys twice, but not DC talk since they've been broken up. But I have seen Tobymac if that counts. ;)
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stryper is a Christian band so I guess you could say if Skillet or DC Talk was in concert in 25 years, would you go?

Sessions - DH has seen Skillet in concert 37 times!  I've seen them at least 10 of those times.  DH likes that type of music so we go to those types of concerts a lot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahahaha I love this thread. So many flashbacks. NSync and Backstreet boys, oh man.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I always love ZoeGirl, Point of Grace, and Jaci Velasquaz.  I've only went to one concert - and that was Zoegirl, and it was SOOOOOO loud. I could have been sitting in my car about a block away with the windows up and I still would have been able to hear it clearly! I will never go back to a concert - but if ZoeGirl had not have disbanded, I might think about it. :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Joesgirl, I have seen Skillet in concert 3 times and I thought I was cool or something, lol.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What kalizoomba said, as well as Relient K, Toby Mac, and another I can't think of lol.  I don't know if I'd consider them popular at my school, or really high school since that was last year for me but I'd definitely go see them!!

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was really into bands like Fall Out Boy and Dashboard Confessional in high school. I have seen FOB in concert once and Dashboard twice. I would def go see Dashboard again! 

Middle school, though, was when all the really good 90's music was out. Like Eve 6, Barenaked Ladies, etc. I love listening to that 90's music to this day! 

b2b- you were BORN in the 90's! Wow, I feel old! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards