Christian Weddings
Options

NWR - Calling all Prayer Warriors

I've been stressing out lately over talks with my sister - she is not cooperating. I have some financial and legal issues I've been dealing with between her and I for the past few years (she committed identity theft against me and ruined my credit but we decided to work things out ourselves and now I'm kinda regretting that decision). Things were going a lot better and we had already taken care of a lot of things, but lately, she's really hard to work with. She is not walking with the Lord and she lies a lot and is manipulative, so it makes it very difficult to know when to trust her and when not to. My BF is very supportive and is helping me get through this, but I'm tired of having to unload this burden on him too. My sister just needs to do one more thing and then I'll be free and I can live my life and get married without this hanging over our heads. If she doesn't take action soon, I feel that it is time to stop giving her chances and to take legal action (something I should have done soon, but I really didn't want to take this that far).

I'm trying to recruit people to lift my sister and I up in prayer - that God will give me wisdom on how to handle this; that my sister will do the right thing and get this taken care of (I am at her mercy until she clears my name). I don't want to lose sleep over this b/c I have done that in the past, but I know God is on my side and is more powerful than anything the enemy can throw at me, so I'm trusting Him to fight for me. If I have to take legal action, it might be too late, and that's what worries me the most. I decided to work things out with her, but I've been waiting a long time for her to take the final step and I fear that I've run out of time. Please pray that God will heal and restore our relationship and help us get out of this mess - thank you!
Weight Loss Center - Your Online Weight Loss Support Group

Re: NWR - Calling all Prayer Warriors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll definitely pray for you!   You're right --- God is MORE POWERFUL than the enemy.  God can turn her around.  Maybe He's using you to help do that .... just be careful! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I'm so sorry to hear this!  I can't believe she committed identify theft against you.  I'll pray for you that things work out.  My thoughts were just maybe she has a mental disorder and that is why you're having so many problems?  Maybe she needs to visit a therapist to get through this rough time and repair her relationships with family and friends?  I don't mean to intrude on the situation or offer unsolicited advice, but just some thoughts.  Hope things work out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you guys! I'm feeling less worried b/c I know God is on my side. I feel that I might have a big battle ahead, but I'm ready for it b/c I know God will give me strength.
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll definitely be praying for you and your sister. Feel free to let us know as much or as little as possible.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow. It is very hard to deal with these things when it involves someone close to you. I'm sure if it had been a stranger who had stolen your identity you would have immediately taken legal action, but it is your sister! How can you take legal action against family? That's definitely tough. You are right though- God will bring you through this and maybe this IS His way of helping you bring your sister to Him. Be strong in the Lord. I will pray. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister said she would take care of the final step this weekend, but then she got really really sick yesterday! She went to the hospital and found out she now has vertigo. I feel really bad for her and I called her today. I didn't say anything about the financial stuff - I just wanted to support her. I hope that she follows through and takes care of this maybe this week though, but I don't want to say anything yet. If she doesn't do it soon, though, I might have no choice but to pursue legal action, so I'm praying really hard that she'll just get it done! And I'm praying that God will draw her to Him as she is adjusting to this new health issue. (BTW, she is very obese and has had a lot of health issues. I pray that she will turn to God and let Him change her eating habits so she can be healthy again!).

Thank you all for your prayers. I'll keep you updated.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I am so sorry about this. I will pray for you and I will especially pray for your sister.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards