Christian Weddings
Options

"Take Me Into the Beautiful" by Cloverton as a Recessional

I've really fallen in love with this song after hearing it on KLove last week and downloading it. It's available free from the band's website. Could you ladies listen to it and tell me what you think of the following:

Remember the "Forever" wedidng dance processional from a few years ago? I want us to do something similar, but with this song....as a choreographed recessional.

Good idea, or not so good idea? Why?

"Who died and made you Dagon?" - stackeye210 I'm supposed to be falling for myself...and not falling for just any guy out there in the world.....

Re: "Take Me Into the Beautiful" by Cloverton as a Recessional

• Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't understand the whole "dancing back up the aisle" thing. Lots of girls on my month board are like, "Yeah, we're going to bop back up the aisle." What? Why don't you just walk? That's a personal opinion, though. :)

I like the song. Use it if you want to.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's in reference to Psalm 149:3: " Let them praise his name with dancing, making melody to him with tambourine and lyre!."

I was also a dancer for many years, and the recessional is pretty much the only thing that we have any say so over.....everything else must be done 'by the book'. So, this idea came about from those reasons.

FI also loves the Forever Processional Dance and wanted to put his own spin on it...either as the Recessional or as a grand entrance into the reception.

"Who died and made you Dagon?" - stackeye210 I'm supposed to be falling for myself...and not falling for just any guy out there in the world.....
  • Options
    SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DO IT!! I'm a dancer myself and I love the idea. I also love that song. I hear it on KLove and it's stuck in my head.... almost always. I say go for it!
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're getting married in the Lutheran church, yes? You might want to check with your minister and make sure that this would be allowed since everything else is "by the books." I don't know much about the Lutheran church.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you two want to dance back down the aisle, that's fine, but please don't get your bridal party involved with it.  I know I would feel really uncomfortable and put on the spot to have to dance in the church in front of everyone as a member of the bp.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The more I think about it, it would be just cool to walk back up the aisle to the song.
    If we feel like dancing, FI and I will. No pressure, just a lot of fun.

Now, I hope that our Pastor will approve the song in the first place. Knowing him, he'd be happy that we want to use a song that is centered on the Lord, and not on anything else.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards