Christian Weddings
Options

Prayer Requests? Post here - week of 5/22

This post is re-posted each week as a central spot for prayer requests.  I know it makes it easier for me to remember prayer requests if they are in one post so feel free to add anything here.  Also, praises welcome!

Re: Prayer Requests? Post here - week of 5/22

• Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    On Monday I strained a back muscle.  The praise is that it was only a muscle pull and not vertebrae related.  Also, the pain is fully gone now!  So I'm very thankful for that.

On the prayer request side, I missed a few steps coming downstairs in the dark last night and hurt my ankle badly.  The ER x-rays indicated a fracture.  It is my right leg so I cannot drive.  DH has been so wonderful to me, taking care of me.  I'm so thankful that I'm not here alone!  My mom is taking me to the orthopedic doctor tomorrow for them to x-ray again and give me a permanent cast or whatever I'll need.  It is very painful so please pray that the pain will be somewhat controlled by pain meds.  Also, please pray that it is not really fractured because if it is, I may not be able to drive for 6 weeks.  I don't know what I'm going to do about work.  Also, that messes up some summer vacation plans. Thanks ladies!

Edit - Praises - My ankle is fractured but they put a boot on instead of a cast.  So I can start putting weight on it when I feel that I can.  Also I'll be able to take it off to shower which is great too.  I have a follow up appt. on 6/20 and hopefully I'll be able to drive after that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awww so sorry to hear about your ankle. I will say a prayer for you! Try to rest it as much as you can! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw, Lisa  - I know about the whole cast vs. boot thing ... If doc says it's okay to do the boot, then great... but after having been through TWO casts and TWO boots now ... I'm going to always say "do what you think is best and don't worry about my shower" (LOL!).  Anyway... 

Prayer -- we have 12 more school days as of the end of Tuesday.  3 days this week, 4 days next week, and 5 days the next week.  And then the students go home.  I have GOT to push through and keep staying motivated to make each day as good as I can make it.  

Praise and a Prayer Request- I AM finding job postings, and I AM able to call and get through to the people that I need to ... but  do remember me in my job hunt this summer and the next couple of weeks especially!  The sooner I find something for the next school year, the sooner I will be at peace about it.  God has really taught me patience, but it's hard for this to be the 5th summer in a row looking for a job.  As a female band director, it's SUPER hard to earn respect from administrators and that makes it even harder to get an interview.  Ugh, discrimination!!!! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    kitkat610kitkat610 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lisa - praying for a speedy recovery!
    Kelly - praying for a new job for you soon!

Prayer - my God-sister, Lauren, was induced this morning, and working her way through labor. She has had a very difficult pregnancy. Please pray for a quick labor and healthy baby boy. His name is Ty.

Praise - after a couple really difficult days, FI is feeling better.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lisa-praying you feel better soon with the ankle
    Kelly- praying a job door opens soon for you
    kitkat- parying Lauren's labor goes well and both mom and son are doing well

Praise: It has been one week since my brother deployed and so far it hasn't been that stressful. I am trusting on God to watch over him and keep him safe.

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praying for you all!

Prayer: Please pray that summer school goes well for me. I'm 2 weeks in and have 4 to go. I'm swamped with work and just want this to be over.

Prayer: PLEASE pray that FI find a better paying job. 

Thank you all!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    praying for all you ladies!!

Prayer: Fi and i have been going over budgets (for wedding and after) and it is stressful. FI has been in school for the past 9 months so all the money to pay for the wedding has been on me. which means we have NO savings to help us. Our families are helping as much as they can and FMIL has paid for the 2 most expensive things (facility and food) but there is still a lot to pay for and only 2 months to pay it all off. FI should be starting his job soon so pray that he gets lots of hours and work. 
    we have been trying to look at apartments... and the ones in our price point are like in sketchy neighborhoods. 
    We are trusting God that He will provide!

Praise: After 2 sessions of pre-marital mentoring FI and i have been communicating WAY better! (: it has been sooooo great for our relationship! (:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Prayer: So... my FI just called me and told me that the job that has been lined up for for MONTHS is not going to happen. the boss said that he just doesnt have enough work. we were REALLY counting on that job and that income and now my FI feels lost. he is very very stressed out and frustrated. we have 2 months to pay all of our wedding expenses and my paycheck alone wont cover the bills. he wasn't looking for a job when he got home for school because we thought he was going to have this job. ah! i know God will provide but just pray for peace. thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards