Christian Weddings
Options

Top Three Thursdays

What are your top three favorite part of planning your wedding?

and go! (:

Re: Top Three Thursdays

• Options
    kitkat610kitkat610 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ummmm that is it almost over? ok let me try....
    1. getting to spend time with my mom's family and talking to my Aunt Marcie more
    2. picking out the flowers. I love orchids
    3. cake tasting with FI. it is so cute to see him so excited and happy (I hate cake lol)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha i am not a cake lover either. lol. 
    here are mine.:

1) trying on dresses!!! it was my first time ever!!! i never bought dresses for Prom or anything..i would just borrow my friend's dresses. it was a lot of fun trying on dresses and falling in love with one! (:

2) looking at stuff for apartments and registering. it has been soo fun imagining what i want in my house. i have ALWAYS lived with a million roommates (okay...but there were always at least 4 of us in an apartment), so its been exciting realizing its gonna be just me and him! (:

3) just making my dream a reality! i have been dreaming and praying for my FH since i was 13 years old. I started writing in a journal when i was 21 (i am almost 24) praying for my FH and pouring my heart out to it. its amazing that the nameless faceless receiver of my prayers is now here! (:
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1)the dress.
    2) the destination aspect of our wedding
    3) the dress.
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Having my mother with me from out of state when I found "the" dress.

2. Creating favors and our card box with DH.

3. Getting to know my MIL better as we planned the RD and reception food.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Knowing it will be over soon. It's sad but planning has really not been very much fun for me.
    2. Premartial Counseling- in one session I learned a lot about Fi and I'm excited to learn even more.
    3. Registering. It was sooo much fun to go in stores with Fi and pick out things and how much fun FI had with the scanner.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_top-three-thursdays-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:455eb244-e8b8-4822-8658-bcdf92fe35e5Post:d89ca63c-b17f-42ff-a12f-593c823322b8">Re: Top Three Thursdays</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>1. Knowing it will be over soon. It's sad but planning has really not been very much fun for me.</strong> 2. Premartial Counseling- in one session I learned a lot about Fi and I'm excited to learn even more. 3. Registering. It was sooo much fun to go in stores with Fi and pick out things and how much fun FI had with the scanner.
    Posted by LeahVB2011[/QUOTE]

I was all over these boards when I was planning and I somewhat enjoyed being busy with wedding thoughts all the time.  But trust me, once it's over, there was no let-down for me because I was so glad I didn't have to plan anymore!  You will love not planning and I actually enjoy the boards more now since I'm not a bride anymore!

1.  The cake was a big deal for me and I loved going to my 2 tastings.
    2.  Planning the honeymoon was so much fun because DH wasn't involved in much of the wedding planning.
    3.  The invitations were fun beacuse Mom and I created them from scratch.
    Do the creep.
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not enjoying the planning process very much. It's been stressful and I've been snappy and at my wit's end most of the time. I jumped all over a (Facebook) friend yesterday who said she wants to get married (she's 18).

1. I'm enjoying the distraction aspect of it. There are a million and one things I could do besides homework. It's a nice excuse. ;)

2. My mom is really happy. And it makes me happy to see her happy.

3. I'm getting what I want.

Why was that so hard?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011

1 - All the DIY stuff - I love creating!!
    2 - The dress:  I just love to look at it.  :)
    3 - It's almost OVER!!  :D

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I might be the only one who actually really enjoys planning my wedding haha. I have always loved weddings. FI said to me, "what are you going to do after the wedding's over?" and I said, "Help other people plan theirs." I actually would have become a wedding planner if I hadn't become a teacher haha. 

1. Trying on and choosing dresses- made me really feel like a bride!
    2. Registering
    3. Sharing an exciting time with my wonderful FI
    4... Everything! 
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I enjoyed:

1.  DIY Projects
    2.  Getting back the RSVPs
    3.  Planning the decorations
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. The fact that theKnot makes it uber-easy to count down the days 'til I marry my love :D
    2. The organizing.
    3. The fact that thinking about beautiful things is now productive!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards